Authors & Affiliations
Boehmer B.1, Manturov G.N.2
1Research Center Rossendorf (FZR), Institute of Safety Research, Germany
2A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
In practical applications of spectrum adjustment in pressure vessel dosimetry one of the most critical problems is the insufficient knowledge of the input spectrum covariance matrix. Usually very crude approximations for this covariance matrix are used in adjustment procedures and, moreover, it is not clear to which extent these approximations influence the final results. Therefore it appeared useful to calculate this matrix as carefully as possible for a typical system and in positions for which a sufficient amount of activation measurements and precise transport calculations was available. The paper presents and discusses results of such calculations for a WWER-1000 type reactor. They are based at the one hand on sensitivity coefficients estimated in transport calculations with help of the ANISN code and at the other hand on cross section covariance data taken from the Obninsk ABBN-93 data library. The results of spectrum adjustments based on the estimated covariance matrix are compared with results based on formerly used matrices. The obtained differences are discussed.
pressure vessel dosimetry, input spectrum, covariance matrix, WWER-1000 type reactor, sensitivity coefficients, ABBN-93 data library
1. Kocherov N.P., Neutron Metrology File NMF-90, an Integrated Database for Performing Neutron Spectrum Adjustment Calculations, IAEA-NDS-171, January 1996.
2. Maerker R.E., Broadhead B.L., Wagschal J.J., Nucl. Sci. Eng., 91(1985), 369-392.
3. Barz H.-U., TRAMO - a Flexible Multigroup Neutron Transport Code on the Basis of the Monte Carlo Method for Flux Calculations, ZfK- 705, Rossendorf, 1990.
4. Boehmer B., COSA2 - Ein Spektrumsjustierungsprogramm zur Auswertung von Aktivierungsmessungen auf der Basis der verallgemeinerten Methode der kleinsten Quadrate, ZfK-735, Rossendorf, 1991.
5. Barz H.-U., Boehmer B., Konheiser J., Stephan I., Ermittlung der Neutronendosis von bestrahlten WWERReaktordruckbehaltermaterialien, FZR-87, 1995.
6. Barz H.-U., Borodkin G., Boehmer B., Konheiser J., Stephan I., Determination of Pressure Vessel Neutron Fluence Spectra for a Low Leakage Rovno-3 Reactor Core Using Three Dimensional Monte Carlo Neutron Transport Calculations and Ex-Vessel Neutron Activation Data, The 9 th International Symposium on Reactor Dosimetry, Prague, September 2-6, 1996.
7. Manturov G.N., "Influence of Neutron Data Uncertainties on the Accuracy of Prediction of Advanced Reactor Characteristics", Proc. of Intern. Conf. on Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, Gatlinburg, Tennessee,USA, 1994, Vol.2, p.993-999.
8. Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsiboulia A.M., BNAB-93 Group Data Library. Part 1:Nuclear Data for the Calculation of Neutron and Photon Radiation Fields, INDC(CCP)-409/L, 1997, p.65-110.
9. Marseguerra N., et al., Covariencies of Neutron Fluxes and Cross Sections in Group Structure Variation, Nucl. Sci. Engin., 87 (1984), 28-33.