Authors & Affiliations
M.V.Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia
A mathematical model for calculating heavy nucleus binding energies is developed. The model enables highly accurate calculation of the binding energies of all known nuclei (mean error 0.1 MeV) and is characterized by smooth extrapolation lines, ensuring very reliable extrapolation. A local increase in isobaric cross-section curvature is found, on the background of a steady decrease as the number of nucleons increases. This leads to a reduction in the binding energies of exotic nuclei compared to the results of other known estimation methods. The differences in binding energy reach 5-7 MeV close to the limits of the mathematical model.
heavy nucleus binding energies, local increase in isobaric cross-section curvature, binding energies of exotic nuclei
1. Badaev O.P. Vestnik MGU (Moskovskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta), No. 3(1996) p. 23.
2. Badaev O.P. Fizicheskaya mysl' Rossii. No. 1/2 (1999) p. 30.
3. G.Audi, A.H.Wapstra. Nuclear physics. 1995, v.4, A595.
4. Kolesnikov N.N., Vymyatnin V.M. Jadernaya fizika, 31 (1980) p. 79.
5. P.Moeller et al., ADNDT, 66 (1997), 131.
6. Y. Aboussier et al., ADNDT, 61 (1995), 127.