Authors & Affiliations
Zabrodskaya S.V., Khomyakov Yu.S., Tsibulya A.A.
State Scientific Centre - A.I. Leipunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
This article describes the CONKEMO computing system for kinetic multigroup calculations of nuclear reactors and their physical characteristics during burnup. The ORIGEN burnup calculation code has been added to the system. The results of an international benchmark calculation are also presented.
kinetic multigroup calculations, nuclear reactors, CONKEMO, physical characteristics, MOX fuel, nuclear data, library ABBN-93, ORIGEN, burnup calculation
1. A. Lazarenko, M. Kalugin, S. Bychkov, A. Kalashnikov, Al. Tsiboulia, W. Zwermann, S. Langenbuch, W. Stach, G. Schlosser, M. Delpech, F. Dolci, P. Girieud, M.L. Vergain. Benchmark Calculations for VVER-1000 Fuel Assemblies Using Uranium or MOX fuel. Proceedings of PHYSOR2000 Conference, Pittsburgh, USA, May 7-11, 2000.
2. G.N. Manturov, M.N. Nikolaev, A.M. Tsibulya, ABBN-93 group constants system. Verification report. Inter-departmental committee for validation of reference data in various topics of nuclear science and technology, Moscow 1999, All-Russia Scientific and Technical Information Centre, State Service for Standard Reference Data, certification No. 444, 1 July 1995.
3. L.M. Petrie and N.F. Landers. KENO 5A - An Improved Monte Carlo Criticality Program with Supergrouping. Vol.2, Section Fll from "SCALE: A Modular Code System for Performing Standardized Computer Analyses for Licensing Evaluation", NUREG/CR-0200 Rev.2 (ORNL/NUREG/CSD-2/R2), December 1984.
4. D.F. Hollenbach, L.M. Petrie, N.F. Landers, KENO-VI: A General Quadratic Version of the KENO Program. NUREG/CR-0200 Rev.5, 1995.
5. AA. Blyskavka, G.N. Manturov, M.N. Nikolaev, A.M. Tsibulya, CONSYST/MMKKENO code system for nuclear reactor calculations using the Monte Carlo method in multigroup approximation with indicatrices of Pn-approximation dispersion. Preprint IPPE-2887, Obninsk, 2001.
6. J.F. Briesmeister et al. MCNP-A General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code, Version 4A. Los Alamos National Laboratory Report, LA-12625-M, November 1993.
7. E. Alcouffe, F.W. Brinkley, Jr., D.R Marr, and D. O'Dell. User's Guide for TWODANT: A Code Package for Two-Dimensional, Diffusion-Accelerated, Neutral-Particle Transport. LA-10049-M, February 1990.
8. O.W. Hermann, R.M. Westfall. ORIGEN-S: SCALE System Module to Calculate Fuel Depletion, Actinide Transmutation, Fission Product Buildup and Decay, and Association Source Terms. SCALE 4.3, Vol.2, Section F7, 1995.
9. A.L. Kochetkov, CARE code - calculation of the isotope kinetics, and the radiation and ecological characteristics of nuclear fuel during irradiation and hold-up, Preprint IPPE-2431, Obninsk 1995.
10. Tatiana Ivanova, Mark Nikolaev, Yevgeny Rozhikhin, Mikhail Semenov, Alexandre Tsiboulia, Validation of the KENO/ABBN-93 Package Based on Data From the International Handbook of Evaluated Criticality Safety Benchmark Experiments. Proceedings of Sixth International Conference on Nuclear Criticality Safety, Versailles, France, September 20-24, 1999.
11. Nikolaev M., Tsiboulia A., Rozhikhin Ye., Ivanova T. On the Internal Inconsistency of Plutonium-Solution Critical-Experiment Data and the Uncertainties. ICNC'99 - The Sixth International Conference on Nuclear Criticality Safety, Versailles, France, September 20-24, 1999.
12. M. Nikolaev, S. Zabrodskaya, T. Ivanova, V. Kosheev, G. Manturov, Y. Rozhikhin, Y. Khomiakov, Al. Tsiboulia, An. Tsiboulia. Nuclear Data Set ABBN-93.2 and its Usage for Nuclear Criticality and Radiation Safety Estimations. International Conference on Nuclear Data in the Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Japan, October 2001.