Authors & Affiliations
Nikolaev M.N., Pavlova O.N.
Russian Federation State Scientific Centre — A.I. Leipunsky Institute of Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Substantial lack of resonances with small neutron widths in the energy range 500 to 2250 eV has been revealed at the statistical analysis of resolved resonances parameters taken from everywhere used evaluation of L. Leal et al.
The set of resolved s-resonances has been supplied by fictitious resonances which simulate the missed resonances in this energy range. These resonances were added so that full set of the resonances for each of two possible spin satisfied the following statistical properties: (a) distribution of the resulted neutron widths should correspond to Porter-Thomas distribution; (b) distribution of distances between resonances should correspond to Wigner distribution. Also average capture widths and zero fission widths were attributed to all fictitious resonances.
Multigroup constant set was obtained by using the produced data file with really resolved and fictitious resonances and then influence of the introduced changes in the evaluated data on some critical assembly integral characteristics was estimated.
resolved resonances parameters, resonances with small neutron widths, spin, resulted neutron widths, zero fission widths, multigroup constant
1. L. C. Leal, H. Derrien, N. M. Larson, R. Q. Wright, "R-Matrix Analysis of 235U Neutron Transmission and Cross Sections in the Energy Range 0 eV to 2,25 keV," ORNL/TM-13516, Lockheed Martin Energy Research Corp., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN (1997).
2. J. A. Harvey, N. W. Hill, F. G. Perey, G. L. Tweed, and L. C. Leal, Proc. Int. Conf. On Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, May 30-June 3, 1988, Mito, Japan.
3. R. R. Spencer, J. A. Harvey, N. W. Hill, and L. Weston, Nucl. Sci. Eng. 96, 318 (1987).
4. L. W. Weston and J. H. Todd, Nucl. Sci. Eng. 88, 567 (1984).
5. L. W. Weston and J. H. Todd, Nucl. Sci. Eng. 111, 415(1992).
6. R. Gwin, R. R. Spencer, R. W. Ingle, J. H. Todd, and S. W. Scoles, Nuc. Sci. Eng. 88, 37 (1984).
7. C. Wagemans, P. Schillebeeckx, A. J. Deruyter, and R. Barthelemy, "Subthermal fission Cross Section measurements for 233U and 239Pu," Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, p. 91, Mito, Japan (1988).
8. R. A. Schrack, "Measurement of the 235U(n,f) Reaction from Thermal to 1 keV," Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, p. 101, Mito, Japan (1988).
9. G. de Saussure, R. Gwin, L. W. Weston, and R. W. Ingle, Simultaneous Measurements of the Neutron Fission and Capture Cross Section for 235U for Incident Neutron Energy from 0,4 eV to 3 keV, ORNL/TM-1804, Martin Marietta Energy Systems, Inc., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN (1967).
10. R. B. Perez, G. de Saussure, and E. G. Silver, Nucl. Sci. Eng. 52, 46 (1973).
11. J. A. Wartena, H. Weigmann, and C. Burkholz, Report IAEA Tecdoc 491, p.123 (1987).
12. H. Weigmann, P. Geltenbort, B. Keck, K. Shrenckenbach, and J. A. Wartena, Proc. Intern. Conf. on The Physics of Reactors, Marseille 1990, Vol. P1, p. 133 (1990).
13. M.S.Moore et al.,Phys.Rev.C18,1328 (1978).
14. G.A.Keyworth et al.,Phys.Rev.Lett. 31,1077 (1973).
15. N.M.Larson, ORNL/TM-9719/R1,(1985); also N.M.Larson, F.G.Perey "Resonance Parameter Analysis with SAMMY," Int. Conf. Nuclear Data for Science and Tech., May 30-June 3, 1988, Mito, Japan.
16. A.D.Carlson, S.Chiba, F.-J.Hambsch, and N.Olsson, "Update to Nuclear Data Standards for Nuclear Measurements," Summary report of an IAEA Consultants' Meeting, Vienna, 2-6 Dec.1996, INDC(NDS)-368 (1997).
17. RSIC Peripheral Shielding Routine Collection: NJOY 94.10 Code System for Producing Pointwise and Multigroup Neutron and Photon Sections, PRS-355, NJOY code.
18. Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsiboulia A.M., ABBN-93 system of group constants. Part 1. Nuclear constants for calculation of neutron and photon radiation fields. VANT, series "Nuclear constants", number 1, 1996.
19. International Handbook of Evaluated Criticality Safety Benchmark Experiments, NEA/NSC/DOC(95)03 (September 2003 Edition).20. Ivanova T.T.,”Ocenka pogreshnosti raschetnogo predskazanija kriticheskih parametrov razmnozhajushhih sistem s vysokoobogashhennym uranom”, kandidatskaja dissertacija.[in Russian]