Authors & Affiliations
Semenova T.V.1, Mitenkova E.F.2
1Russian Federal Nuclear Center All-Russian Research Institute of Experimental Physics, Sarov, Russia
2Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
The TDMCC code is designed for the Monte Carlo solution of a broad class of neutronic problems; it is being developed in the VNIIEF to the benefit of the nuclear power industry. TDMCC – is an alienable software product, focused on conducting calculations on multiprocessor and personal computers. The software was transferred to various scientific research institutes for methodological application. In the course of such a collaboration the problems arise, whose solutions require implementation of optional capabilities of the software. The new software capabilities have been implemented in the serial and parallel versions. Paralleling was performed with the use of the MPI standard. The capabilities embedded in the TDMCC code were tested in the IBRAE RAN laboratory of neutronics calculations.
Neutronics problems, Monte Carlo method, TDMCC software, MCNP code, fission matrix, method of generations, benchmark, neutron source
1. Programma: TDMCC (Time-Dependent Monte Carlo Code) [Code: TDMCC (Time-Dependent Monte Carlo Code)]. State Registration Certificate No.2010614412. “FSUE RFNC-VNIIEF”.
2. Olejnik D.S. Raschet slabosvyazannykh sistem metodom Monte-Karlo [Monte Carlo Calculation of Loosely Coupled Systems]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy. 20005, Vol.99, no.4.
3. Mitenkova E.F., Koltashev D.A., Kizub P.A. Raspredelenie skorosti reakcii deleniya v slabosvyazannoj sisteme dlya testovoj modeli «Shahmatnaya doska» [Fission Reaction Rate Distrubution in a Loosely Coupled System for the “Checkerboard” Test Model]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy. 2014, Vol.116, no.6, pp. 345-349.
4. Carney S.E., Brown F.B., Kiedrowski B.C., Martin W.R. Fission Matrix capability for MCNP. M&C 2013.
5. Thomas M. SUTTON, Paul K. ROMANO and Brian R. NEASE On-the-Fly Monte Carlo Dominance Ratio Calculation Using the Noise Propagation Matrix Progress. Nuclear Science and Technology, 2011, Vol. 2, pp.749-756.
6. Forrest B. Brown On the Use of Shannon Entropy of the Fission Distribution for Assessing Convergence of Monte Carlo Criticality Calculations. Proc. of PHYSOR-2006.