Authors & Affiliations
Kizub P.A., Mitenkova E.F.
Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Monte Carlo criticality calculations traditionally focused on the correct calculation of neutron multiplication factor Keff. For loosely coupled systems initially the primary focus was on the selection of statistical parameters’ values (the number of neutrons in the generation, the number of inactive generations etc.), zero generation neutron distribution functions and the improvement of Keff calculation methods aimed at minimizing the time consumption for gaining asymptotics. The specific features of loosely coupled systems provide for the need in an individual analysis of correctness and stability of neutron flux distribution in criticality calculations. This paper presents the analysis of fission reaction rate distribution for a loosely couples system “Checkerboard”. The calculations have been performed using the TDMCC and MCNP5 codes.
Neutronics problems, Monte Carlo method, criticality of loosely coupled systems, neutron flux, zero generation neutrons, neutron multiplication factor Keff, fission rate
1. Blomjauist R., Amirshashh M., Hanlon D. e.a. Source Convergence in Criticality Safety Analysis, Phase I: Results of Four Test Problems. OECD NEA. 2006, no.5431.
2. Olejnik D.S. Raschet slabosvyazannykh sistem metodom Monte-Karlo [Monte Carlo Calculation of Loosely Coupled Systems]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy. 2005, v. 99, no.4, pp.256-264.
3. Ueki T and Broshhn F.B. Informatics Approach to Stationary Diagnostics of the Monte Carlo Fission Sources Distribution. Trans. Am. Nucl. Soc. 2003, v. 89, p.458.
4. Mitenkova E.F., Koltashev D.A., Kizub P.A. Raspredelenie skorosti reakcii deleniya v slabosvyazannoj sisteme dlya testovoj modeli «shahmatnaya doska» [Fission Reaction Rate Distribution in a Loosely Coupled System for the “Checkerboard” Test Model]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy. 2014, v.116, no.6, pp.345-349.
5. Smith N. et al. OECD/NEA Source Convergence Benchmark 1: Checkerboard storage of assemblies. AEA Technology, UK, 2002.
6. Programma: TDMCC (Time-Dependent Monte Carlo Code) [Code: TDMCC (Time-Dependent Monte Carlo Code)]. State Registration Certificate No.2010614412. “FSUE RFNC-VNIIEF”.
7. H-5 Monte Carlo Team MCNP. A General Monte Carlo N-Particale Transport Code, Version 5. LA-UR-03-1987. April 2003.
8. Kizub P.A. Raspredelenie nejtronov deleniya v slabosvyazannoj sisteme v zadachakh na kritichnost' [Fission Neutron Distribution in a Loosely Coupled System in the Criticality Problems]. Trudy 15 nauchnoy shkoly molodykh uchenykh IBRAE RAN [Proc. 15th Scientific School of IBRAE RAN Young Scientists]. Moscow, 2014, pp.102-105.