Authors & Affiliations
Sadovnichiy R.P., Martynov P.N., Askhadullin R.Sh., Storozhenko A.N., Chernov M.E.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute of Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
To control the content in the oxygen impurity in the coolant during the initial period of development sampling method with subsequent analysis was used. In the following years near real-time or on-line control methods based on the usage of electrochemical sensors with solid oxygen conducting electrolyte have been developed and used. In the SSC RF-IPPE development of solid electrolytes sensors to monitor oxygen content in molten lead-based alloys are performing. A significant set of studies and developments to improve the design
and manufacturing technology of solid electrolyte sensors has been carried out that resulted in:
– Solid electrolyte ceramic sensing element (SECSE) of oxide ceramics with ability to work for a long time at high temperatures and thermal shocks in molten metal with a stable conductive and mechanical properties, heat resistance, low gas permeability;
– different constructs of sensors designed to monitor oxygen content in melts of lead-based alloys in static and circulation installations, full scale tank-type reactor facility.
Among the latest developments – sensor including a number of independent sensing elements with different reference electrodes arranged in a common housing, the sensor periodic control with ability to immerse in the melt and pull out by using an electric drive. The developed sensors are certified by State Committee for the Russian Federation for Standardization and Metrology (Certificate RU. S.31.002 A No. 15464), registered in the State Register of Measuring Instruments (no. 25282-03) and is approved for use in the Russian Federation.
ceramic sensitive element, thermal dynamic activity of oxygen, lead, lead-bismuth, coolant, oxygen activity sensor
1. Subbotin V.I., Ivanovsky M.N., Arnoldov M.N. Fiziko-khimicheskie osnovy primeneniya zhidkometallicheskikh teplonositeley [Physical and chemical foundations of the application of lead metal coolants]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1970.
2. Shmatko B.A., Shimkevich A.L., Blokhin V.A. Diagnostika korrozii i kontrol' tekhnologicheskikh protsessov metodami aktivometrii v teplonositele svinets-vismut [Corrosion diagnostics and process control by activometry methods in lead-bismuth coolant]. Trudy konferentsii "Tyazhelye zhidkometallicheskie teplonositeli v yadernoy tekhnologii" [Proc. Conf. "Heavy Liquid Metal Coolants in Nuclear Technology"]. Obninsk, 1999, p. 741.
3. Chernov M.E. Datchik kapsul'nogo tipa dlya kontrolya kisloroda v konturakh YaEU s teplonositelyami svinets i svinets-vismut. Diss. kand. thech. nauk [A capsule-type sensor for controlling oxygen in the circuits of nuclear power reactors with lead and lead-bismuth coolants. Cand. tech. sci. diss.]. Obninsk, 2005.
4. Vikulin V.V., Martynov P.N., Chernov M.E. et al. Issledovanie zavisimosti kislorodoionnoy provodimosti tverdykh elektrolitov iz ZrO2-Y2O3, rabotayushchikh v zhidkometallicheskikh teplonositelyakh ot fazovogo sostava i struktury keramiki [The study of oxygen-ion conductivity of solid electrolytes made of ZrO2-Y2O3 and applied in liquid metal coolants as a function of phase composition and structure of ceramics]. Trudy regional'nogo konkursa nauchnykh proektov v oblasti estestvennykh nauk [Proc. Regional competition of research projects in the field of natural sciences]. Kaluga, 2003, pp. 154.
5. Gulevsky V.A., Martynov P.N., Orlov Yu.I. et al. Perspektivnye metody kontrolya sostoyaniya tyazhelykh teplonositeley [Perspective methods of control of heavy coolant state]. Trudy Rossiyskoy mezhotraslevoy konferentsii "Teplomassoperenos i svoystva zhidkikh metallov" [Proc. Russian InterBranch Conference "Thermal Mass Transfer and Properties of Liquid Metals"]. Obninsk, 2002, p.190.
6. Martynov P.N., Askhadullin R.Sh., Ivanov K.D. et al. Osobennosti ispol'zovaniya zhelezooksidnykh elektrodov sravneniya v tverdoelektrolitnykh datchikakh kontrolya termodinamicheskoy aktivnosti kisloroda [Peculiarities of the application of reference iron-oxide electrodes in solid electrolyte sensors intended for the control of oxygen thermodynamic activity]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika – Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power, 2012, no. 3, p. 62-67.
7. Chernov M.E., Martynov P.N., Storozhenko A.N. et al. Dostizheniya i perspektivy v razrabotke datchikov kontrolya kisloroda dlya monoblochnykh RU s teplonositelyami Pb-Bi i Pb. [The achievements and perspectives in the development of oxygen control sensors for single-unit reactor facilities with Pb-Bi and Pb coolants]. Novye promyshlennye tekhnologii – New Industrial Technologies, 2011, no.1, p. 11-13.