Authors & Affiliations
Losa E.1, Kostal M.2, Rataj J.2, White T.1, Katovsky K.1
1Czech Technical University in Prague, Praha, Czech Republic
2Research Centre Rez, Praha, Czech Republic
In the analysis of experimental capabilities for metal cooled reactors, the calculation of neutron flux in irradiation module filled with lead and lead-bismuth was performed and the sensitivity analysis with the influence of nuclear data libraries was carried out. Research reactors, VR-1 and LR-0 were used as the neutron sources. Each reactor is offering the specific features for the possible future experiments and the calculation models were validated on different experiments in the past.
small size reactors, fast reactors, heavy liquid metal coolants, analytical studies, experimental capabilities, neutron sources
1. Koštál M., Rypar V., Švadlenková M., Cvachovec F., Jánský B., Milcák J. Irradiation capabilities of LR-0 reactor with VVER-1000 Mock-Up core. Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 2013, vol.82, pp.193-199. doi:10.1016/j.apradiso.2013.07.031
2. Kolros A., Huml O., Kríž M., Kos J. Equipment for neutron measurements at VR-1 Sparrow training reactor. Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 2010, v. 68, no. 4-5, p. 570–574. doi:10.1016/j.apradiso.2009.09.012
3. Koštál M., Rypar V., Jurícek V. The criticality of VVER-1000 mock-up with different H3BO3concentration. Annals of Nuclear Energy, 2013, vol. 60, pp. 1–7.
4. Kyncl J., Rypar V., Novák E. LEU-COMP-THERM-087. VVER Physics Experiments: Hexagonal Lattices (1.22 cm Pitch) of Low Enriched U(3.6, 4.4 wt.% U235)O2 Fuel Assemblies in Light Water with Variable Fuel Assemblies Pitc. NEA/NSC/DOC/(95)03/IV, 2008 vol. 4.
5. Stankus S.V., Khairulin R.A., Mozgovoy A.G., Roshchupkin V.V., Pokrasin M.A. The density and thermal expansion of eutectic alloys of lead with bismuth and lithium in condensed state. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2008, vol. 98, no. 6, p. 062017.