Authors & Affiliations
Lomakov G.B.1, Filippov V.V.2
1A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
2Obninsk Institute for Nuclear Power Engineering (IATE MEPHI), Obninsk, Russia
Filippov V.V. – professor, Dr. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Obninsk Institute for Nuclear Power Engineering.
Experiments on measurements of neutron transmission function for silicon in energy region of 300 – 3000 keV were conducted in 1960s. Silicon is a main material of nature storages and every construction material contains of 30% silicon. Therefore we must have reliable information about this element. In this work are present experimental data, were evaluated uncertainty of measurement values, was deducted background, were determined bounds of energy, spectra of neutrons and average total cross section. Results of evaluation of experimental and calculated data using recent libraries of nuclear data were com-pared. The paper contains full results of experimental data for them save.
silicon, transmission of neutron function, evaluation of experimental data, libraries of nuclear data, resonance region, calculations
1. Gavrilov S.D., Smirnov P.L. Sposob khraneniya obluchennogo yadernogo topliva (varianty) [Method of storage of irradiated nuclear fuel (variants)]. Patent RF, no. 2222841, 2004.
2. Zoltan Perko, Zoltan Perko, Sandro Pelloni, Konstantin Mikityuk et al. Core neutronics characterization of the GFR2400 Gas Cooled Fast Reactor. Progress in Nuclear Energy, 2015, no. 83, pp. 460-481.
3. Gordeev I.V., Kardashev D.A., Malyshev A.V. Yaderno-fizicheskie konstanty. Spravochnik [Nuclear physics constants. Handbook]. Moscow, 1963.
4. Lomakov G.B, Nikolaev M.N., Filippov V.V. Neeksponentsial'nost' propuskaniya neytronov [Nonexponential of tranxmission of neutrons]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Ser. Yaderno-reactornye konstanty – Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2016, no.1, pp. 148-166. Available at: http://vant.ippe.ru/images/pdf/2016/1-12.pdf (accessed 22.04.2016).
5. Zabrodskaya S.V., Ignatyuk A.V., Koscheev V.N., Manokhin V.N., Nikolaev M.N., Pronyaev V.G. ROSFOND – Rossijskaya nacional’naya biblioteka ocenennyh nejtronnyh dannyh [ROSFOND – The National Library of Evaluated Neutron Data]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Ser. Yadernye konstanty – Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear Constants, 2007, no.1-2, pp. 3-21. Available at: http://vant.ippe.ru/images/pdf/2007/1.pdf (accessed 22.04.2016).
6. MCNP – A General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code. Volume II: User’s Guide”, LA-CP-03-0245 (April, 2003).
7. Chadwick M.B., Herman M., Oblozinsky P., et al. ENDF/B-VII.1 nuclear data for science and technol-ogy: Cross sections, covariances, fission product yields and decay data. Nuclear Data Sheets, 2011, vol.112, no.12, pp.2887-2996.
8. Shibata K., Iwamoto O., Nakagawa T., Iwamoto N., Ichihara A., Kunieda S., Chiba S., Furutaka K., Otuka N., Ohsawa T., Murata T., Matsunobu H., Zukeran A., Kamada S., Katakura J. JENDL-4.0: A New Library for Nuclear Science and Engineering. Nuclear Science and Technology, 2011, vol.48, no.1, pp.1-30.
9. Kopecky J. Final Verification and Validation of JEFF-3.2. JEF/DOC-1590.