Authors & Affiliations
Melikhov O.I., Elkin I.V., Melikhov V.I., Nikonov S.M., Parfenov Yu.V., Emelyanov D.A., Nerovnov A.A.
Electrogorsk research and engineering center on Nuclear Power Plants safety (EREC), Electrogorsk, Russia
Melikhov O.I. – Deputy Director for Science, Head of R&D management and R&D in the field of thermal physics, Dr. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Electrogorsk research and engineering center on Nuclear Power Plants safety.
Elkin I.V. – Chief Researcher, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Electrogorsk research and engineering center on Nuclear Power Plants safety.
Melikhov V.I. – Head of Department of Computing, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Electrogorsk research and engineering center on Nuclear Power Plants safety.
Parfenov Yu.V. – Leading Researcher, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Electrogorsk research and engineering center on Nuclear Power Plants safety.
Emelyanov D.A. - engineer, Electrogorsk research and engineering center on Nuclear Power Plants safety.
Nerovnov A.A. – engineer, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Electrogorsk research and engineering center on Nuclear Power Plants safety.
Results of experimental research of two-phase hydrodynamics of submerged perforated sheet on PGV test facility (JSC "EREC") are published in the present paper. Detailed description of PVG test facility is presented, it’s test section is a transverse ‘cut’ of an actual steam generator PGV-1000 with the internals. Methods of experiment performance and instrumentations are explained. A uniformly perforated sheet with the flow section of 5.7% and a non-uniformly perforated sheet with the flow section of 4.3% on the “cold” side and 8.1% on the “hot” side were used in the experiments. System pressure was about 7 MPa, inlet steam flow rate was varied between 4.23 and 7.94 t/h, that is 0.15 – 0.29 m/s superficial steam velocity. Pressure drop distributions along submerged perforated sheet are measured, as well as void fraction distribution below and above sheet. Hydraulic friction factor under conditions of two-phase flow is calculated based on the experimental results processing. By comparing of hydraulic friction factor under conditions of two-phase flow with hydraulic friction factor under conditions of single-phase flow, correction for two-phase flow is obtained for perforated sheet performance. It has been shown, that this correction can be both more than unity (low void fraction) and less than unity (high void fraction). The experimental results were analyzed with the engineering method based on estimating the flow rates of steam on hot and cold sides by the experimental values of the pressure drop on submerged sheet. It was established that changing the perforation from a uniform to a non-uniform one increases the residual non-uniformity coefficient, which characterizes the flow of steam from the hot side to the cold side under the sheet.
experimental research, non-uniform perforation, two-phase flows, steam-generator, submerged perforated sheet, hydraulic friction factor, bubbling, void fraction
1. Ageev A.G., Karasev V.B., Serov I.T., Titov V.F. Separacionnye ustrojstva AES [Separation device of the plant]. Moscow, Energoizdat Publ., 1982. 169p.
2. Rassohin N.G. Parogeneratornye ustanovki atomnyh elektrostancij [Steam plant nuclear power plants]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1987. 384p.
3. Trunov N.B., Logvinov S.A., Dragunov Yu.G. Gidrodinamicheskie i teplohimicheskie processy v parogeneratorah AES s VVER [Teplofizicheskie and Hydrodynamic processes in steam generators of NPP with WWER]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 2001. 318p.
4. Yanssen E. Poteri davleniya v dvuhfaznom parovodyanom potoke pri techenii cherez rezkie suzheniya i rasshireniya v oblasti davlenij 42–98 ata [Loss in two-phase steam-water flow through sudden contraction and expansion in the range of pressures 42-98 ata]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1970, pp. 147–169.
5. Barenblatt G.I. Podobie, avtomodel'nost', promezhutochnaya asimptotika: teoriya i prilozheniya k geofizicheskoj gidrodinamike [Similarity, self-Similarity, and intermediate asymptotics: theory and applications to geophysical hydrodynamics]. Leningrad, Gidrometeoizdat Publ., 1982.
6. Kutateladze S.S., Styrikovich M.A. Gidrodinamika gazozhidkostnyh sistem [Hydrodynamics of gas-liquid systems]. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 1976.
7. Dubrovskij I.S., Ageev A.G. Gidrodinamika pogruzhennyh dyrchatyh shchitov [Hydrodynamics of submerged perforated panels]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 1974, no.8, pp. 62-64.
8. Ryabov G.A., Kozlov Yu.V. Eksperimental'noe issledovanie gidrodinamiki pogruzhennyh dyrchatyh listov [Experimental study of the hydrodynamics of submerged perforated sheets]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 1984, no.8, pp. 62-65.
9. Ryabov G.A., Karasev V.B., Kozlov Yu.V. Eksperimental'noe issledovanie gidravlicheskogo soprotivleniya dyrchatyh listov na parovodyanoj smesi [Experimental study of hydraulic resistance perforated sheets steam-water mixture]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 1984, no.6, pp. 68-70.
10. Vasil'eva R.V., Dubrovskij I.S., Ageev A.G., Karasev V.B., Sakovich E.V., Bajnyakshin V.D. Gidrodinamika pogruzhennyh dyrchatyh shchitov parogeneratorov AES [Hydrodynamics of submerged perforated shield nuclear steam generators]. Elektricheskie stancii - Electric station, 1986, no.8, pp. 12-15.
11. Ageev A.G., Vasil'eva R.V., Dmitriev A.I., Tarankov G.A., Titov V.F. Issledovanie gidrodinamiki parogeneratora PGV-1000 [Study of hydrodynamics of steam generator PGV-1000]. Elektricheskie stancii - Electric station, 1987, no.6, pp. 19-23.
12. Svistunov E.P., Tarankov G.A. Vliyanie konstrukcii PDL na paroraspredelenie [Influence the design of PEPS on steam distribution]. Energomashinostroenie - Plant Engineering, 1987, no.1, pp. 15-19.
13. Saakov E.S., Svistunov E.P., Pikus V.Yu., Nekrasov A.V., Sevast'yanov V.P., Muhachev V.L., Tarankov G.A., Molchanov V.P. Issledovanie vyravnivayushchej sposobnosti pogruzhennogo dyrchatogo lista parogeneratora PGV-1000 [The study of the levelling ability of submerged perforated sheet of a steam generator PGV-1000]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 1992, no.7, pp. 50-55.
14. Trunov N.B., Sotskov V.V., Ageev A.G., Vasil'eva R.V. Raschetnoe obosnovanie separacionnoj skhemy parogeneratora PGV-1500 [Design rationale the separation scheme of steam generator PGV-1500]. VANT. Seriy: Obespechenie bezopasnosti AES - PAST. Series: Ensuring the safety of nuclear power plants, 2006, no.13, pp. 43-50.
15. Ageev A.G., Vasil'eva R.V., Elkin I.V., Melikhov V.I., Melikhov O.I., Nikonov S.M., Parfenov Yu.V., Nerovnov A.A., Roshin A.V. Validaciya koda STEG na ehksperimental'nyh dannyh [STEG code validation on experimental data]. Trudy 8-go Mezhdunar. seminara po gorizontal'nym parogeneratoram [Proc. 8-th Intern. seminar on horizontal steam generators]. Podol'sk, 2010.