Authors & Affiliations
Melikhov O.I.1, Melikhov V.I.1, Nikonov S.M.1, Parfenov Y.V.2, Emelyanov D.A.2, Nerovnov A.A.2
1Electrogorsk Research and Engineering Center on NPP Safety, Electrogorsk, Russia
2Moscow Power Engineering Institute, Moscow, Russia
Melikhov O.I. – Senior Researcher, Deputy Director on the Scientific Work, Dr. Sci.(Phys.-Math.), Electrogorsk Research and Engineering Center on NPP Safety.
Melikhov V.I. – Senior Researcher, Head of the Computational Department, Dr. Sci.(Tech.), Electrogorsk Research and Engineering Center on NPP Safety.
Nikonov S.M. – Leading Researcher of the Experimental Department, Cand. Sci.(Tech.), Electrogorsk Research and Engineering Center on NPP Safety.
Emelyanov D.A. – Engineer, NPP Department of the MPEI, Moscow Power Engineering Institute.
Nerovnov A.A. – Engineer, NPP Department of the MPEI, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Moscow Power Engineering Institute.
The results of the validation and improvement of the 3D thermalhydraulic STEG code developed in EREC and MPEI to model two-phase flows in the horizontal steam generator of the NPP with VVER are presented. The most difficult for the modeling thermalhydraulic processes occurred in the area of the submerged perforated sheet SPS was under investigation. The validation was performed on the basis of the experimental data obtained at the PGV test facility (EREC) which is the slice-model of the cross-section of the horizontal steam generator.
The two-fluid model of the two-phase flow is used in the STEG code. The preliminary calculations revealed the high sensibility to the interfacial friction correlations implemented in the code.
The possibility to change the interfacial friction coefficient in the required range of the void fraction in the required area of the numerical mesh was realized in the STEG code. The extensive calculation research was performed. It led to the significant improvement of the agreement between experimental and calculation results.
The modeling of the experiments at the PGV test facility carried out with the modified STEG code revealed that integral characteristics of the equalization are improved when SPS with uniform perforation is changed to the SPS with nonuniform perforation. However, the separation characterisitics are worse in the area with SPS with one perforation degree is attached to the SPS with another perforation degree.
two-fluid thermalhydraulic code, two-phase flow, mathematical model, horizontal steam generator, submerged perforated sheet, interfacial friction
1. Melikhov V.I., Melikhov O.I., Parfenov Y.V. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie teplogidravlicheskikh protsessov v parogeneratore s pomoshch'yu koda STEG [Mathematical modelling of the thermal hydraulic processes with STEG code]. Novoe v rossiyskoy energetike - News of the Russian Thermal Engineering, 2008, no.8, p.21-33.
2. Ageev A.G., Vasilieva R.V., Elkin I.V., Melikhov V.I., Melikhov O.I., Nikonov S.M., Parfenov Y.V., Nerovnov A.A., Troshin A.V. Validatsiya koda STEG na eksperimental'nykh dannykh [Validation of the STEG code on the experimental data]. Trudy 8 Mezhdunarodnogo seminara po gorizontal'nym parogeneratoram [Proc. 8th Int. Seminar on the horizontal steam generators]. Podolsk, 2010.
3. Trunov N.B., Sotskov N.B., Ageev A.G., Vasilieva R.V. Raschetnoe obosnovanie separatsionnoy skhemy parogeneratora PGV-1500 [Calculation assessment of the separation scheme of the steam generator PGV-1500]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Obespechenie bezopasnosti AES - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Assessment of the NPP safety, 2006, vol. 13, pp.43-50.
4. TRACE V5.0. Theory Manual. Field Equations, Solution methods and Physical models. U.S. Nuclear Regulation Commission. Washington, 2007, 696p.
5. TRAC PF1/MOD2: Theory Manual. Los Alamos National Laboratory. November 1990. Los Alamos. NM 87545.
6. Simovic Z.R., Ocokoljic S., Stefanovic V.D. Interfacial friction correlations for the two-phase flow across tube bundles. International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 2007, vol.33, pp.217-226.
7. Idelchik I.E. Spravochnik po gidravlicheskim soprotivleniyam [Hydraulic resistances]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 1992. 672p.
8. Ryabov G.A., Karasev V.B., Kozlov Y.V. Eksperimental'noe issledovanie gidravlicheskogo soprotivleniya dyrchatykh listov na parovodyanoy smesi [Experimental investigation of the hydraulic resistance of the submerged perforated sheets on the steam-water mixture]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 1984, no.7, pp. 68-70.
9. Islamov R.T., Dyadura S.S., Arzaev K.A., Filipov A.S., Artemiev M.M. Sravnenie dvukh metodov opredeleniya defektov tekhnicheskikh sistem [Comparison of the two methods for definition of the defects of the technical systems]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2011, vol. 110, no.6, pp. 303-307.