Authors & Affiliations
Morozov A.V., Shlepkin A.S.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Shlepkin A.S. – PhD student, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
This paper presents results of an experimental study of the model of VVER steam generator (SG) in the emergency steam condensation mode. The main factor limiting the operation of SG in steam co ndensation mode is the accumulation of non-condensable gases coming from the reactor and the hydro accumulators of the first stage to the steam generator tube bundle. During the emergency process the condensing power of steam generator is maintained by withdrawal of steam-gas mixture from a cold header of steam generator to the volume of hydro accumulator of the second stage vessels. Furthermore, there are processes in the steam generator itself that contribute to the maintenance of the operation of SG in the condensation mode.
The degree of the effect of operating factors on the operation of the steam generator in condensation mode has been studied in experiments carried out on the "HA2M-SG" test facility, built in IPPE. Experiments were carried out at the test facility at the constant pressure of the first circuit. The values of the concentration of non-condensable gases in the steam-gas mixture produced at the test facility are determined in accordance with the estimated generation of hydrogen and nitrogen in the reactor during the emergency process.
The obtained results can be used for the verification of computer codes used for numerical simulation of the emergency processes in the VVER-1200 reactor plant.
VVER, steam generator, condensation mode, non-condensable gases, steam-gas mixture
1. Kopytov I.I., Kalyakin S.G., Berkovich V.M., Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Experimental investigation of non-condensable gases effect on Novovoronezh NPP-2 steam generator condensation power under the condition of passive safety systems operation. Proc. 17th Int. Conf. on Nuclear Engineering 2009, ICONE 17. Brussels, 2009, pp. 735-743.
2. Kalyakin S.G., Sorokin A.P., Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Experimental’nye issledovaniya teplofizicheskikh processov v obosnovanie bezopasnosti VVER novogo pokoleniya [Experimental i nvestigation of thermophysical processes in support of the safety of the new generation VVER]. Atomnaya energiya – Atomic Energy, 2014, vol. 116, no.4. pp. 241-246.
3. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V., Tsyganok A.A. Non-condensable gases effect on heat transfer processes between condensing steam and boiling water in heat exchanger with multirow horizontal tube bundle. Proc. 14th Int. Heat Transfer Conf., IHTC 14. Washington, 2010, pp. 629-635.
4. Kalyakin S.G., Remizov O.V., Morozov A.V., Uriev U.S., Klimanov U.V. Obosnovanie proektnykh fynktsiy sistemy passivnogo zaliva GE-2 ysoverhenstvonnago proekta AES c reactorom VVER [Substantiation of design functions of the passive flood system for improved NPP project with VVER rea ctor]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika – Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power, 2003, no. 2, pp. 94-101.
5. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Experimental’noe obocnovanie proektnykh fynktsiy dopolnitelnoy sistemy passivnogo zaliva aktivnoy zony reaktora VVER [An experimental substantiation of the design functions imposed on the additional system for passively flooding the core of a VVER reactor]. Teploenergetika – Thermal Engineering, 2012, no. 5, pp. 22-27.
6. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Experimentalnoe issledovanie raboty modeli parogeneratora VVER v kondensatsionnom regime [An experimental study of a VVER reactor's steam generator model operating in the condensing mode]. Teploenergetika – Thermal Engineering, 2012, no. 5, pp. 16-21.
7. Berkovich V.M., Peresadko V.G., Taranov G.S., Remizov O.V., Morozov A.V., Tsyganok A.A., Kalyakin D.S. Experimental study on Novovoronezh NPP-2 steam generator model condensation power in the event of the beyond design basis accident. Proc. Int. Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants 2010, ICAPP 2010. SanDiego, 2010, pp. 186-192.