Authors & Affiliations
Anfimov A.M.1, Gorbunov V.S.1, Kuznetsov D.V.1, Osipov S.L.1, Ivanov E.N.2, Klimonov I.A.2, Kudashov I.G.2, Mosunova N.A.2, Usov E.V. 2
1Afrikantov OKB Mechanical Engineering, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
2Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, Russia
Gorbunov V.S. – Lead Design Engineer, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Afrikantov OKB Mechanical Engineering.
Kuznetsov D.V. – Design Engineer 3 categories, Afrikantov OKB Mechanical Engineering.
Osipov S.L. – Head of Department, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Afrikantov OKB Mechanical Engineering.
Ivanov E.N. – Engineer, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Science.
Klimonov I.A. – Engineer, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Science.
Kudashov I.G. – Engineer, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Science.
Mosunova N.A. – Head of Department, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Science.
Usov E.V. – Head of Laboratory, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Science.
The thermo-hydraulic system code HYDRA-IBRAE/LM/V1 is under development at IBRAE RAN within the particular project “New Generation Codes” of the “Proryv” project area and is directed toward simulation of liquid metal cooled fast reactor behavior under normal operation, abnormal operation and emergency modes. IBRAE RAN and JSC “Afrikantov OKBM” carry out code verification as applied to the sodium coolant during BN-600 reactor plant (RP) experimental modes. To perform the analysis, the BN-600 nodalization scheme was developed to take account of fast neutron RP main features: non-uniformity of fuel element temperature state along the core height and radius; heat ex-change in the core space between subassemblies; heat transfer between cold and hot reactor cham-bers, formed by reactor internals; non-uniformity of coolant temperature distribution along the upper mixing chamber height and radius, etc. This paper deals with code verification for the modes of forced coolant circulation loss and change over to the natural circulation in RP sodium circuits. The analysis results for the following modes are given: emergency cooling using natural circulation in case of reactor power decrease from 19 down to 1 % of nominal value; emergency cooling using natural circulation from reactor power of ~ 50 % of nominal value. The comparative analysis confirmed the capability of HYDRA-IBRAE/LM/V1 code to simulate sufficiently the transients which are characteristic for fast neutron RPs at the moment of natural circulation development in the plant circuits and associated with deterioration of heat removal from the core and heat exchange equipment.
natural circulation, thermo-hydraulic system code, sodium coolant, core, experimental modes, verification, emergency cooling
1. Alipchenkov V.M. et. al. Verifikatsiya teplogidravlicheskogo raschetnogo koda HYDRA-IBRAE/LM i raschety komponentov reaktornykh ustanovok na bystrykh neytronakh [HYDRA-IBRAE/LM code verification and fast neutron RP component analysis]. Trudy konferentsii "Teplofizika reaktorov na bystrykh neytronakh (TEPLOFIZIKA-2013)" [Proc. Conf. "Fast Neutron Reactor Thermal Physics (THERMAL PHYSICS-2013)"]. Obninsk, 2013, pp. 154-156.
2. Ashurko Yu.M. et. al. Osnovnye rezul'taty spetsial'nykh eksperimentov po issledovaniyu sistem i ustroystv avariynoy zashchity reaktorov BN-350 i BN-600 [Main results of special experiments in emergency protection equipment and systems for BN-350 and BN-600 reactors]. Trudy Franko-sovetstkogo seminara po bezopasnosti bystrykh reaktorov [Proc. Franco-Soviet Workshop for Fast Neutron Reactor Safety]. Obninsk, 1985.
3. Bel'tyukov A.I., Karpenko A.I., Poluyaktov S.A., Tashlykov O.L., Titov G.P., Tuchkov A.M., Shcheklin S.E. Atomnye elektrostantsii s reaktorami na bystrykh neytronakh s natrievym teplonositelem [Nuclear power plants with sodium cooled fast reactors: training aid]. Ekaterinburg, Ural Federal University Publ., 2013. 420 p.
4. Mitenkov F.M. Inzhenernye metody analiza rezhimov s estestvennoy tsirkulyatsiey v ustanovkakh BN [Engineering methods of natural circulation mode analysis for fast neutron RPs]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 1987, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 147-152.
5. Kuznetsov I.A., Poplavskiy V.M. Bezopasnost' AES s reaktorami na bystrykh neytronakh [Fast neutron reactor NPP safety]. Moscow, IzdAt Publ., 2012. 632 p.