Authors & Affiliations
Opanasenko A.N., Sorokin A.P., Zarugin D.G., Denisova N.A.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Opanasenko A.N. - leading researcher, Cand. Sci. (Tech), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Zaryugin D.G. – deputy director of Institute for Nuclear reactors and Thermal Physics, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Denisova N.A. – leading engineer of Safety Department, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The results of experimental studies of temperature fields and the flow structure of non-isothermal coolant in the elements of fast reactor primary contour on an integral three-loop water model are presented and analyzed. Objective: obtaining experimental data to justify the design solution for Decay Heat Removal System, the data for verification ofcomputer codes, the study features of thermal hydraulics in non-isothermal flow of coolant, to develop of recommendationson intensifying the mixing of non-isothermal coolant. Studies conducted in various modes: forced circulation, the transitional regime from forced circulation to natural, steadystate cool down by natural circulation, including modes with partial shutdown of equipment primary and secondary circuits. The measurement results of the temperature fields shown on a stable temperature stratification of coolant: in the peripheral region of the upper reactor chamber above the sidescreen, cold and pressure chamber, elevator shield, the cooling system of the reactor vessel,on outlet of the intermediate (IHX), and autonomous (AHX) heat exchangers in various modes. The large gradients and temperature fluctuations at the interface of stratified and recycling zones influencing on resort of reactor equipment were registered.
fast reactor, thermal hydraulics, primary contour, integrated model, experimental researches, transients, decay heat removal, natural convection, coolant stratification, temperature pulsation
1. Ushakov P.A., Sorokin A.P. Problemy modelirovaniyana vode avarijnogo ostatochnogo teplovydeleniya estestvennoj konvekciej v kamerah bystryh reaktorov [Problems of modeling by water of emergency decay heat removal by natural convection in chambers of fast reactors]. Preprint FEI 2585 - Preprint IPPE 2585. Obninsk, 1997.
2. Opanasenko A.N. Teplogidravlika verhnej oblasti bakabystrogo reaktora v razlichnykh rezhimakh raboty [Thermal hydraulic of upper region of the fast reactor vessel in various operating modes]. Preprint FEI 2623 - Preprint IPPE 2623. Obninsk, 1997.
3. Eguchi Y., Takeda H., Koga T. Quantitative prediction of natural circulation in an LMFR with a similarity low and water test. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 1997, vol. 178, pp. 102-111.
4. Opanasenko A.N., Sorokin A.P., Zaryugin D.G., Rachkov M.V. Stratifikaciya teplonositelya v yadernyh energeticheskih ustanovkah [Coolant stratification in nuclear power plants]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2011, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 131-163.
5. Opanasenko A.N., Sorokin A.P., Zaryugin D.G., Kosarev S.A., Korovin S.V., Yaurov S.V. Eksperimental'nye issledovaniya polej temperatury i struktury dvizheniya teplonositelya v verkhnej kamere natrievogo bystrogo reaktora pri prinuditel'noj cirkulyacii [Experimental study of temperature fields and coolant flow structure in the upper chamber of the sodium fast reactor under forced circulation]. Trudy konf. "Teplofizika reaktorov na bystrykh nejtronakh (Teplofizika-2013)" [Proc. Sci. Tech. Conf. "Thermal physics of fast reactors (Thermal physics-2013)"]. Obninsk, 2013, pp. 46-49.
6. Zaryugin D.G., Kalyakin S.G., Leskin S.T., Opanasenko A.N., Sorokin A.P. Raschetnoehksperimental'nye issledovaniya teplogidravlicheskikh kharakteristik v bake bystrogo reaktora na integral'noj modeli SARH v razlichnykh rezhimakh raboty ustanovki [Computational and experimental studies of thermal-hydraulic characteristics in fast reactor vessel an integrated model SARH in different operating modes of facility]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power, 2013, no.2, pp. 96-104.