Authors & Affiliations
Vinogradov A.V., Kamaev A.A., Drobyshev A.V., Krjuchkov E.A., Pakhomov I.A.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia <
Kamaev A.A. – Deputy Director of Branch of Safety on Nuclear Power Plants, Head of Department, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Drobyshev A.V. – Leading Researcher, Cand. Sci.(Tech.), Associate Professor, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Krjuchkov E.A. –Head of Laboratory, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Pakhomov I.A. – Head of Laboratory, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
In article main principles and the basic results of settlement – experimental researches on maintenance of fire safety at possible leaks of sodium coolant in technological rooms of fast reactor power plants are submitted. As a basis for formation of principles of fire safety positions the existing normative documents on maintenance of fire safety on atomic engineering objects are serve. Positions of the additional developed normative document on maintenance the sodium fire safety are submitted, reflecting specificity of fast reactors (the usage of sodium as a coolant). Necessity for the given normative document has arisen during works on a substantiation of fire-prevention safety of fast reactors. The structure and design concept on fire safety system of maintained and perspective fast reactors are generated. The results of settlement - experimental researches on sodium fires system effectiveness in perspective fast reactor, efficiency of the first contour sodium leaks prevention subsystem and perspective sodium leaks detection system are submitted. The problem of fire safety on fast reactors such as the sodium jet expiration and sodium spray fire is considered. The basic results of experimental works on sodium spray fire are submitted, executed by foreign experts (France). The analytical parities for an estimation of the air pressure and temperatures growth in fast reactor technological rooms are given during sodium spray fire, received on the basis of the analysis of foreign experiments. By results of experimental researches with the expiration of sodium through defects in the equipment or pipelines the conclusion about an opportunity for safety localization of sodium leaks through defects in pipelines and the equipment is made at presence on them the thermal insulation and facing.
fast reactor, sodium, coolant, safety, sodium leaks, sodium burning, sodium fire, fire-prevention safety, fire safety maintenance system, main constructions principles, settlement - experimental researches
1. Vasil’ev B.A., Vasjaev A.V., Zverev D.L., Shepelev S.F. Sostoyanie razrabotki proekta BN-1200 [A condition of BN-1200 project development]. Trudy Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno – tekhnicheskoy konferentsii "Innovatsionnye proekty i tekhnologii yadernoy energetiki"[Proc. 3th Int. Sci. Tech. conf. "Innovational projects and technologies of nuclear power"]. Moscow, 2014, vol.1, pp.144-127.
2. Pozharnaya bezopasnost’ atomnykh stanciy. Obshie trebovaniya. Normy pozharnoy bezopasnosti NPB 113-2003 [Fire safety of nuclear power plants. General requirements. Standards for fire safety NPB113-2003]. Moscow, EMERCOM of Russia, 2003.
3. Protivo pozharnaya zashita atomnykh stanciy. Normy proektirovaniya. Normy pozharnoy bezopasnnosti NPB 114-2002 [Fire protection of nuclear power plants. Standards of design. Standards of fire safety NPB 114-2002]. Moscow, EMERCOM of Russia, 2002.
4. Atomnye stancii. Trebovaniya pozharnoy bezopasnosti. Svod pravil SP13.13130.2009. [Nuclear Power Plants. Fire safety requirements. A set of rules SP 13.13130.2009]. Moscow, EMERCOM of Russia,2009.
5. Aspiracionnye dymovye pozharnye izveshateli VESDA. Rekomendacii, chastj 3. [Laser-based optical smoke detector VESDA. Recommendation, vol. 3]. Moscow, EMERCOM of Russia, 2006.
6. Ivanenko V.N., Progonnova L.M., Bakuta N.N. The "BOX" computer code. Proc. Int. Topical Meeting. Obninsk, 1994, vol.3, pp. 3-13; 3-19.
7. Le Saux W., Malet J., Barthez M. (EDF/CLI). Cadarache Experimental study of Sodium jet Fires with high flow rates. Proc. Tech. Com. Meeting on Evaluation of Radioactive Materials Release and Sodium Fires in Fast Reactors. Japan, 1996, pp.343-348.
8. Rigollet-Pichon L., Malet J. The Modeling of sodium jet fires in a global computer code – Feumix 3. Proc. Techn. Com. Meeting on Evaluation of Radioactive Materials Release and Sodium Fires in Fast Reactors. Japan, 1996, p. 357-368.
9. Astegiano J., Bakouta N., Balard F.e.a. Modeling of large sodium fires a coupled experimental and calculational approach. Proc. Techn. Com. Meeting on Evaluation of Radioactive Materials Release and Sodium Fires in Fast Reactors. Japan, 1996, pp.369-384.
10. Luster V., Freudenstein K. Feedback from practical experience with large sodium fire accidents. Proc. Techn. Com. Meeting on Evaluation of Radioactive Materials Release and Sodium Fires in Fast Reactors.Japan, 1996, pp. 233-254.
11. Bagdassarov Yu.E., Buksha Yu.K., Drobyshev A.V. e.a. Sodium fires at fast reactors: RF status report. Proc. Techn. Com. Meeting on Evaluation of Radioactive Materials Release and Sodium Fires in Fast Reactors. Japan, 1996, pp.63-74.
12. Bagdassarov Yu.E., Drobyshev A.V., Yagodkin I.V. et. al. Techi natriya pod teploizolyaciyu [Sodium leaks under insulation]. Doclad na soveshanii rabochey gruppy no.3 po reaktoru EFR [Report on the meeting of the working group no.3 reactor EFR]. Cadarache, 1998.