Authors & Affiliations
Solomatin A.E., Orlova E.A., Zasorin I.I., Alexeev V.V.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Orlova E.A. – Leading Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Associate Professor, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Zasorin I.I. –Leading Enginear, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Alexeev V.V. – Chief Researcher, Dr. Sci. (Tech.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The paper presents the results of experiments on the study of the mechanism of self-healing of mechanical defects of the protective coating in contact with lead in oxygen technology to protect steel from corrosion at the initial stage. Samples of steel 16Cr12WMoSiVNbB were kept in lead with single activity of oxygen at 920 (900) To within 15 hours with the subsequent causing artificial defect and repeated endurance at a temperature of 900 of (940) K within 15 hours It is shown that there are two branches of the interaction of steel with Pb to the formation of a cover with different activation energies. Fixed solid oxide cover thickness 8-12 (sometimes up to 15) ?m on intact surface and 1-8 ?m in artificial defect.
The analysis of elements when curing in lead of the artificial defect caused on a steel surface after preliminary tests in lead is for the first time carried out.
By method of double-pulse laser-atomic emission spectroscopy in the cross section of a sample of steel 16Cr12WMoSiVNbB redistribution of components of steel, symmetric concerning the line of defect is revealed. Element structures formed in the artificial coating defect corresponds to the cover formed on the surface undamaged, but with higher content of Si and Cr. On the basis of the findings data assumed that at the initial stage of corrosion protective barrier function executes the coating based on Si. Thus, the process of self-healing protective coating goes through the formation of chromium – silicon spinel, i.e. the structure of again formed covering possesses bigger stability in lead, than formed on the oxidized surface.
steel, lead coolant, artificial defect, anticorrosive protection, laser atomic emission spectroscopy, layer wise quantitative analysis
1. Solov'ev V.A., Komrakov G.S. Rastvorimost' elementov v zhidkom svintse: Obzor FEI, OB-38 [The solubility of elements in liquid lead: overview of IPPE, ÎB-38]. Obninsk, 1977.
2. Rusanov A.E., Levin O.E, Gushchina A.G., Dvoryashin A.M., Lysova G.V., Sugonyaev V.N., Shulepin S.V. Issledovanie korrozionnoy stoykosti stali EP823 posle ispytaniy v potoke Pb-Bi [Corrosion Resistance of EP823 Steel Fuel Pin Claddings Examined in the Pb-Bi Coolant Flow]. Trudy mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii "Tyazhelye zhidkometallicheskie teplonositeli v yadernykh tekhnologiyakh (TZhMT 2013)" [Proc. Int. Conf. "Heavy liquid metal coolant in nuclear technologies (HLMC-2013)"]. Obninsk, 2013, pp.278-287.
3. Rusanov A.E., Pevchikh Yu.M., Levin O.E., Litvinov V.V., Skvortsov N.S. Eksperimental'naya baza GNTs RF-FEI po issledovaniyu korrozii staley v TZhMT: sovremennoe sostoyanie i puti razvitiya [Experimental base IPPE to study the corrosion of steel in HLMC: current status and the development]. Trudy mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii «Tyazhelye zhidkometallicheskie teplonositeli v yadernykh tekhnologiyakh» (TZhMT 2008) [Proc. Int. Conf. "Heavy liquid metal coolant in nuclear technologies (HLMC-2008)"]. Obninsk, 2008, pp. 100-112.
4. Baranov A.V., Vishnevskiy M.E., Savilov S.V., Chertoryl'skaya E.G. Primenenie opticheskikh emissionnykh spektrometrov serii SPEKS LAES: lazer v kachestve universal'nogo instrumenta dlya issledovaniya kharakteristiki khimicheskogo elementnogo sostava konstruktsionnykh materialov yadernykh reaktorov raznogo tipa [Application of optical issue spectrometers of the SPEKS LAES series the laser as the universal tool for research of the characteristic of chemical element composition of structural materials of nuclear reactors of a miscellaneous tip]. Trudy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii "Teplofizika-2011" [Proc. Sci. Tech. Conf. "Thermophysics-2011]. Obninsk, 2011, no.2(7), pp. 15-20.
5. Voropay E.S., Ermalitskaya K.F., Zazhogin A.P. Lazernyy posloynyy kolichestvennyy analiz s submikronnym razresheniem funktsional'nykh pokrytiy promyshlennykh izdeliy [Laser layer wise quantitative analysis with submicron resolution of functional coatings of industrial products]. Problemy fiziki, matematiki i tekhniki - Problems of Physics, Mathematics and Technics, 2011, no.2(7), pp. 15-20.
6. Ballinger R.J., Lim L., Loeven E.P. The effect of Silicon in the corrosion of iron on lead-bismuth eutectic. Proc. 11th Int. Conf. in Nuclear Engineering. Tokyo, 2003.