Authors & Affiliations
Egorov A.F., Korobeynikov V.V.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Korobeynikov V.V. – Dr. Sci. (Phys.-Math), professor, Chief Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The paper dedicated to the development of a method for comparative assessment of innovative nuclear energy systems (INES), which are planned to be used in commercial scale. It is shown that the results of the evaluation of the effectiveness of INES essentially depend on the objective which focused the system (the economy, the maturity of the technology, fuel supply for large-scale development, waste management, etc).
IAEA, INPRO, methodology, NES, key indicator, potential, KIND project, system potential, sensitivity analysis, discounted costs
1. IAEA,Framework for Assessing Dynamic Nuclear Energy Systems for Sustainability, Final Report of the INPRO Collaborative Project on Global Architectures of Innovative Nuclear Energy Systems with Thermal and Fast Reactors and a Closed Nuclear Fuel Cycle (GAINS). IAEA Nuclear Energy Series NP-T-1.14, 2013.
2. IAEA, Guidance for the Application of an Assessment Methodology for Innovative Nuclear Energy Systems. INPRO Manual. IAEA-TECDOC-1575, Vienna (2008). Available at: www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/Publications/PDF/TE_1575_web.pdf (accessed 10.02.2017).
3. Thomas B. Cochran, Harold A. Feiveson, Walt Patterson, Gennadi Pshakin, M.V. Ramana, Mycle Schneider, Tatsujiro Suzuki, and Frank von Hippel, Research Report No.8, International Panel on Fissile Materials, Fast Breeder Reactor Programs, History and Status, International Panel on Fissile Materials, p.6 (February 2010). Available at: www.fissilematerials.org/library/rr08.pdf (accessed 10.02.2017).
4. Alekseev P.N., Alekseev S.V., Andrianova E.A. et al. Dvukhkomponentnaya yadernaya energeticheskaya sistema s teplovymi i bystrymi reaktorami v zamknutom yadernom toplivnom tsikle [The two-component system of nuclear power with thermal and fast reactors in the closed nuclear fuel cycle]. Moscow, Tekhnosfera Publ., 2016. 159 p.
5. IAEA, Nuclear Economics Support Tool (NEST). Available at: www.iaea.org/OurWork/NE/NENP/INPRO/Task3/NEST_web_draft_rev_04-2013.xls (accessed 10.02.2017).
6. Figueira J., Salvatore G., Matthias E. Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis: State of the Art Surveys. Springer Science; Business Media, Inc.: Boston, MA, USA, 2005.