Authors & Affiliations
Naboishchikov Yu.V.1, Zhemkov I.Yu.1, Tellin A.I.1, Ryazanov D.K.2
1 JSC “State Scientific Center – Research Institute of Atomic Reactors”, Dimitrovgrad, Russia
2 Dimitrovgrad branch of National Research Nuclear University Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Dimitrovgrad, Russia
Zhemkov I.Yu. – Expert-Laboratory Head, JSC “State Scientific Center – Research Institute of Atomic Reactors”.
Tellin A.I. – Head of Laboratory, JSC “State Scientific Center – Research Institute of Atomic Reactors”.
Ryazanov D.K. – Professor, Dr. Sci. (Tech.), Dimitrovgrad branch of National Research Nuclear University Moscow Engineering Physics Institute (MEPhI).
At present, a wide range of tests is performed in the BOR-60 reactor in support of reactors under operation, construction and design in Russia and worldwide. Most of the tests are performed in the reactor core regions of the peak dose accumulation rates. However, there is a high demand for irradiation testing to be performed in the BOR-60 blanket.
An important feature of any nuclear facility is neutron spatial-energy distribution in the reactor. An experimental data analysis of neutron spectra takes much effort and time. The effective volume of an irradiation rig is rather limited, which makes it difficult to install dozens of neutron activation detectors at the expense of tested samples. Therefore, irradiation parameters are confirmed experimentally using several detectors; and spatial-energy distribution of the neutron field is obtained in calculation.
RIAR’s experience in thorough calculations and experiments in support of BOR-60 operation shows good agreement between the calculated and experimental core parameters. The deviation of the calculated values from the experimental ones in the blanket is higher, and there are much less experimental data. Therefore, verification of the applied calculation codes, models and methods is a crucial relevant issue.
reactor BOR-60, blanket, neutron flux, neutron spectrum
1. Kalygin V.V., Izhutov A.L., Krasheninnikov Yu.M., Zhemkov I.Yu., Naboishchikov Yu.V., Varivtsev A.V. Experimental possibilities of research fast reactor BOR-60. Proc. European research reactor conference 2015. Bucharest, Romania, 2015.
2. Nigmatullin N.R., Gadzhiev G.I. Izmerenie neytronnykh spektrov v reaktore BOR-60 [Measurement of the Neutron Spectra in BOR-60]. Preprint NIIAR-15(309) - Preprint RIAR-15(309). Dimitrovgrad, 1977.
3. Tellin A.I., Ryazanov D.K., Markina N.V., Gadzhiev G.I. Eksperimental'noe izuchenie prostranstvenno-energeticheskogo raspredeleniya neytronov v reaktore BOR-60 [Experimental Study of the Spatial-Energy Distribution of Neutrons in BOR-60]. Preprint NIIAR-1(853) - Preprint RIAR-1(853). Dimitrovgrad, 1996.
4. Khilenko S.N., Tellin A.I., Yakovleva I.V., Semochkina L.I. Eksperimental'nye issledovaniya spektrov neytronov v aktivnoy zone reaktora BOR-60 s uran-plutonievym toplivom [Experimental Study of the Neutron Spectra in the BOR-60 Core with U-Pu Fuel]. Preprint NIIAR-10(741) - Preprint RIAR-10(741). Dimitrovgrad, 1988.
5. Seregin A.S., Kislitsyna T.S., Tsibulya A.M. Annotatsiya kompleksa programm TRIGEX.04 [Abstract to TRIGEX.04]. Preprint FEI-2846 - Preprint IPPE-2846. Obninsk, 2000, 14 p.
6. Zhemkov I.Yu. Kompleks avtomatizirovannogo rascheta kharakteristik reaktorov na bystrykh neytronakh [Automated Complex KAR to Calculate Fast Reactor Parameters]. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov GNTs NIIAR - Proceedings RIAR, 1996, no. 4, pp. 55-67.