Authors & Affiliations
Lukyanov D.A., Albutova O.I.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Albutova O.I. – engineer, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The method for failed fuel assemblies locating in LMFBR (BN type) is developed. Localization is carried out on the operating reactor to reduce the defective assemblies search area at shutdown reactor. To determine the location of failed fuel assemblies, the readings of the Delayed Neutron Monitoring System for Fuel Failure Detection (SSKGO) are compared to the results of statistical modeling of the distribution of fission fragments in the coolant flow. The physical foundations of the localization method as well as the diagnostic models for fission fragments transport in the first circuit coolant are given.
Various calculation methods for determining the increase in SSKGO readings (responses) when failed fuel occurs are considered, and its application recommendations are given. The probabilities of defective fuel element presence in fuel assemblies are estimated by comparison of real and model SSKGO responses, using Bayesian strategy for statistical decisions making.
The full-scale localization program prototype for the BN-600 reactor had been realized. Using SSKGO archive data, the efficiency of the presented method has been confirmed. The localization provides reliable detection of defective fuel assemblies in the compact reactor core area including no more than 12 assemblies with the greatest values of the probability of defective fuel element presence.
BN-600, fuel cladding failure detection, failed fuel assemblies detection
1. NP 082-07. Pravila yadernoy bezopasnosti reaktornykh ustanovok atomnykh stantsiy [Rules of nuclear safety for NPP reactors]. 2008.
2. Skomorokhov A.O., Lukyanov D.A. Bayes Diagnostic System to Locate the Defected Fuel Assembly Zone on BN-600 Reactor. BgNS Transactions, 2005, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 305-310.
3. Skomorokhov A.O., Lukyanov D.A. Primenenie metoda perekompensatsii dlya opredeleniya mestopolozheniya negermetichnykh sborok v reaktorakh na bystrykh neytronakh [Regular Burnup Compensations Method to Locate Defected Fuel Assemblies on BN-600 Sodium Cooled Fast Reactors]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2007, no. 2, pp. 39-43.
4. Zhilkin A.S., Gurev S.A., Osipov S.L., Salyaev A.V., Shamansky V.A., Tsikunov A.G. Lokalizatsiya defektnykh TVS v aktivnoy zone reaktora BN-600 s pomoshch'yu sektornoy sistemy KGO [Location of the Failed Fuel Sub-Assemblies in the BN-600 Reactor Core using a Sector Failed Fuel Detection System]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2011, no. 1, pp. 83-91.
5. Lukyanov D.A., Albutova O.I. Issledovanie zavisimosti pokazaniy sektornoy sistemy kontrolya germetichnosti obolochek tvelov reaktora BN-600 ot ekspluatatsionnykh parametrov [Investigation in dependence of indications of the sectoral system of monitoring tightness of fuel elements claddings for reactor BN-600 on operating parameters]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2015, no. 2, pp. 32-37.
6. Dvornikov P.A., Kovtun S.N., Lukyanov D.A., Shutov S.S., Zhilkin A.S. Issledovanie zavisimosti pokazaniy sektornoy sistemy kontrolya germetichnosti obolochek tvelov reaktora BN-600 ot ekspluatatsionnykh parametrov [Methods of Localization of Faulty FSA in Reactor MBIR]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2013, no. 3, pp. 24-33.