Authors & Affiliations
Federal State Unitary Enterprise “Russian Federal Nuclear Center – Academician E.I. Zababakhin All-Russian Research Institute of Technical Physics”, Snezhinsk, Russia
Theoretical model of inelastic scattering neutrons on lithium-7 into nat and 2n6Li channels in the kinetic neutron energy range from 5 to 20 MeV is presented. Neutron-7Li interaction was calculated in cluster representation of the target nucleus. Required cross sections were constructed from exactly solved three body problem with the use of Faddeev formalism with separable potentials. Laters have parameters were achieved by the optimal description of elastic processes data: nt, nα, n6Li, nn. As a result total and differential cross sections of the reactions 7Li(n, n)αt and 7Li(n, 2n)6Li were calculated. A comparison of theoretical cross sections with data is given.
neutron cross sections, inelastic scattering, triton, lithium
1. Young P.G. Evaluation of n+7Li reactions using variance-covariance techniques. Transactions of the American Nuclear Society, 1981, vol. 39, pp. 272.
2. Liskien H., Paulsen A. Determination of 7Li(n,f) cross sections between 6 and 10 MeV. Annals of Nuclear Energy, 1981, vol. 8, pp. 423-429.
3. Faddeev L.D. Scattering theory for a three-particle system. Available at: http://www.jetp.ac.ru/cgi-bin/dn/e_012_05_1014.pdf (accessed 12.11.2017).
4. Schmid E., Ziegelmann H. The quantum mechanical three-body problem. Oxford, Pergamon Press Publ., 1974. 226 p.
5. Stingl M., Rinat (Reiner) A.S. Complete angular momentum analysis of Fadde'ev-Lovelace equations based on non-central pair forces. Nuclear Physics A, 1970, vol. 154, pp. 613-625.
6. Egorov M.V. η7Li-scattering in at cluster model. Physics of atomic nuclei, 2018, vol. 81, no. 2 (In Russian, unpublished).
7. Zankrl H., Plessas W., Haidenbauer J. Sensitivity of N-d polarization observables on the off-shell behavior of the N-N interaction. Physical Review C, 1983, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 538-541.
8. Seagrave J.D., Granberg L., Simmons J.E. Elastic scattering of fast neutrons by tritium and He3. Physical Review Journals, 1960, vol. 119, pp. 1981-1991.
9. Hogue H.H., von Behren P.L., Glasgow D.W., Glendinning S.G., Lisowski W., Nelson C.E., Purser F.O., Tornow W., Gould C.R., Seagondollar L.W. Elastic and inelastic scattering of 7-to 14-MeV neutrons from lithium-6 and lithium-7. Nuclear Science and Engineering, 1979, vol. 69, pp. 22-29;
Knox H.D., White R.M., Lane R.O. Differential neutron scattering cross sections of lithium-6 for neutrons of 4 to 7.5 MeV energy. Nuclear Science and Engineering, 1979, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 223-230;
Knitter H.H., Budtz-Jorgensen C., Mailly M., Vogt R. Neutron total and elastic scattering cross sections of 6Li in the energy rang from 0.1 to 3.0 MeV. Euratom Reports, 1977, no. 5716E, pp. 1.
10. Satchler C.R., Owen L.W., Elwyn A.J., Morgan C.L., Walter R.L. An optical model for the scattering of nucleouns from 4He at energies below 20 MeV. Nuclear Physics A, 1968, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 1-3.
11. Ivanovich M., Young P.G., Ohlsen G.G. Elastic scattering of several hydrogen and helium isotopes from tritium. Nuclear Physics A, 1968, vol. 110, pp. 441-462.
12. Chiba S., Baba M., Nakashima H., Ono M., Yabuta N., Yukinori Sh., Hirakawa N. Double-differential neutron emission cross sections of 6Li and 7Li at incident neutron energies of 4.2, 5.4, 6.0 and 14.2 MeV. Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, 1985, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 771-787.
13. Smith D.L, Bretscher M.M., Meadows J.W. Measurement of the cross sections for the 7Li(n, n’t)4He reaction in the energy range 7-9 MeV. Nuclear Science and Engineering, 1981, vol. 78, pp. 359;
Rosen L., Stewart L. Neutron-induced disintegration of Li-6 and Li-7. Physical Review Journals, 1962, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 1150-1151;
John C., Hopkins D.M., Drake D.M., Conde H. Elastic and inelastic scatteting of fast neutrons from 6Li and 7Li. Nuclear Physics A, 1968, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 139-152;
Brown F., James R.H., Perkin J.L., Barry J. The cross section of the 7Li(n,t) reactions for neutron energies between 3.5 and 15 MeV. Journal of nuclear energy. Parts A/B. Reactor Science and Technology, 1963, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 137-141;
Liskien H., Wölfle, Qaim S.M. Determination of 7Li(n,n’t)4He cross sections. Nuclear Data for Science and Technology, 1983, pp. 349-352.
14. Ashby V.J., Carton H.C., Goldberg M.D., Hill R.W., Le Blanc J.M., Newkirk L.L., Stoering J.P., Taylor C.J., Williamson M.A. Li6 and Li7(n,2n) cross sections. Physical Review Journals, 1963, vol. 129, no. 4, pp. 1771.