Authors & Affiliations
Peregudova O.O., Tsikunov A.G.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Tsikunov A.G. – Leading Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Protection question of nuclear power plants (NPP) has always attracted special attention. The experience of operating power plants with reactors of different types shows that the radiation situation at nuclear power plants, the environmental pollution depend on the integrity of one of the most important barriers to retain the radioactive products in nuclear reactor – fuel rod cladding to a great extent.
In practice, some of the fuel assemblies in the active zone may have certain defects that occur during the normal operation of NPP with fast reactor. A special role in the contamination of the primary circuit actinides can play transuranium elements Np, Pu, Am, Cm. The presence of actinides in technological environments the reactor plant can have a radiative impact not only on the plant staff, but also for the population living outside the sanitary protection zone.
The necessary information on this issue in the scientific literature are extremely limited. Codes primarily focus on the calculation of the effective doses received by the population due to the emission of radionuclides into the air for the first year of plant operation. Increasing of the operation time of NPP leads to considerable complication of the calculations. This paper presents a simplified method of calculation of the main components of the annual effective dose to the population due to the release of actinides into the air during the "n" microcompany after the start of operation of the reactor.
emissions, actinides, fast reactors, fuel elements, the dose of the population, food chain, soil
1. VYBROS-3.1. [Vybros-3.1]. The attestation passport of the software, no. 395 ot 14.06.2016.
2. Metodika rascheta zagryazneniya okruzhayushchey sredy i otsenki vozdeystviya na naselenie dlya obosnovaniya mer zashchity v sluchae avarii na radiatsionno opasnykh ob"ektakh s programmnym sredstvom "Ekspress" [The methodology for calculating environmental pollution and assessing the impact on the population to justify protection measures in the event of an accident at radiation hazardous facilities with the Express software]. MBR 6.2.15-09, 2009.
3. Peregudova O.O., Tsikunov A.G., Seliverstov I.N., Mukhamadeev R.I. Radiatsionnoe vozdeystvie aktinoidov na naselenie v usloviyakh normal'noy ekspluatatsii AES s reaktorom tipa BN [Radiation effects of actinides on the population under conditions of normal operation of npps with BN-type reactors]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2014, no. 4, pp. 14-23.
4. Tsikunov A.G., Seliverstov I.N., Mukhamadeev R.I., Peregudova O.O. Otsenka vklada aktinoidov v radiatsionnoe vozdeystvie na naselenie v usloviyakh normal'noy ekspluatatsii atomnoy elektrostantsii s energeticheskim reaktorom bol'shoy moshchnosti na bystrykh neytronakh s natrievym teplonositelem [Assessment of the contribution of actinides to the radiation effect on the population in the normal operation of a nuclear power plant with a high-power energy reactor on fast neutrons with a sodium coolant]. Radiatsiya i risk - Radiation and Risk, 2014, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 81-91.
5. Aleksakhin R.M. Yadernaya energiya i biosfera [Nuclear energy and the biosphere]. Moscow, Energoizdat Publ., 1982. 216 p.
6. Buldakov L.A. Radioaktivnye veshchestva i chelovek [Radioactive substances and man]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1990. 160 p.