Authors & Affiliations
Elshin A.V., Zhukovsky D.N.
Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy, Sosnovy Bor, Russia
Zhukovsky D.N. – Head of Laboratory, Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy.
Reactivity computation hardware used for neutronic measurements at marine propulsion reactor prototypes. The advantage of the new generation PVR-7 reactimeters is shown: operation within the broad range of reactor power change, high linearity of output signal through the three-level discriminator.
The features of techniques (classical and advanced) for defining the reactivity neutronic characteristics of marine propulsion reactor prototypes to justify the conditions of their safe operation and project data are considered. A number of the results is presented which are gained during the operation of reactor facility with the sectoral core configuration characterized by considerable "distortions" of the neutron field and operation of the new generation reactor facility with "flattened" geometry of the core and natural coolant circulation. Significant influence of spacing effect on the measurement results is noted.
The results of experimental determination of control rod efficiency compared with results of the direct calculation and numerical simulation of experiments using the SAPFIR_VVR95-RC program package are given.
reactimeter, neutronic characteristics, marine propulsion reactor prototype, reactor facility, coefficient and effects of reactivity
1. Kipin J.R. Fizicheskie osnovy kinetiki yadernykh reaktorov [The physical basis of the kinetics of nuclear reactors]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1967. 427 p.
2. Borisov V.F., Komshilov O.A. Analysis of pulse-tipe ionization detector signals as applied to count rate measurement methods. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A, 1995, vol. 359, no. 3, pp. 580-586.
3. Kazansky Yu.A., Matusevich E.S. Eksperimental'nye metody fiziki reaktorov [Experimental methods of reactor physics]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1984. 272 p.
4. Vinogorov N.A., Zhukovsky D.N. O metode opredeleniya fizicheskikh kharakteristik yadernykh reaktorov pri medlennykh vozmushcheniyakh reaktivnosti [On the method for determining the physical characteristics of nuclear reactors for slow perturbations of reactivity]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 1999, vol. 2, pp. 66-70.
5. Artemov V.G., Artemova L.M., Bessonov D.Yu. et al. Otsenka podkritichnosti aktivnoy zony na osnove raschetnogo modelirovaniya eksperimentov po opredeleniyu izmeneniya reaktivnosti metodom "sbrosa sterzhnya" [Evaluation of the subcriticality of the core on the basis of computational modeling of experiments to determine the change in reactivity by the "rod reset" method]. Tekhnologiya obespecheniya zhiznennogo tsikla yadernykh energeticheskikh ustanovok - Technology for ensuring the life cycle of nuclear power plants, 2016, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 55-60.