Authors & Affiliations
Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow, Russia
The results of calculation of the layout solutions of the basin research reactor are presented in the work. The core of the reactor is completed with serially produced TVS VVR M2. The calculations are performed using MCU-FREE code. A simplified model for the core of the research reactor was designed. In simplified model only the active part of the fuel assemblies was modeled without end elements, the aluminum shells of the core and some other elements were not modeled. The assumptions made do not introduce a significant error in calculation results. Variants of the cores differ from each other, because the arrangement of the channels for the reactivity control rods is different. The layout solution of the core was selected during the analysis of the calculation results. This solution was based on safety requirements, as well as from indications of neutron flux density in experimental volumes. For the preferred option, data were obtained on:
- the duration of the fuel assembly campaign at reactor power 500 kW;
- the effectiveness of individual groups of working bodies of the control and protection system;
- energy releases in by volume of the core;
- values of neutron flux densities in places where the experimental devices may be located.
reactor, nuclear, basin research reactor, MCU, reactivity
1. Arkhangel'skiy N.V., Tret'yakov I.T., Fedulin V.N. Issledovatel'skie yadernye ustanovki Rossii [Research nuclear installations of Russia]. Moscow, NIKIET Publ., 2012. 328 p.
2. Shkarovkiy D.A. Opisanie primeneniya i instruktsiya dlya pol'zovateley programm, sobrannykh iz moduley paketa MCU-5 [Description of the application and instruction for the users of the programs assembled from the modules of the MCU-5 package]. Moscow, National Research Center "Kurchatov institute", 2017. 152 p.
3. Pravila yadernoy bezopasnosti issledovatel'skikh reaktorov NP-009-04 [Nuclear Safety Rules for Research Reactors NP-009-04], (2005). Available at: https://znaytovar.ru/gost/2/NP_00904_Pravila_yadernoj_bezo.html (accessed 12.09.2017).
4. Ganev I.H. Fizika i raschet reaktora [Physics and calculation of the reactor]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1992. 496 p.