Authors & Affiliations
Seleznev E.F.1, Belov A.A.1, Belousov V.I.1, Chernova I.S.1, Drobyishev Yu.Yu.2
1. Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
2. All-Russian Research Institute for Nuclear Power Plants Operation, Moscow, Russia
Belov A.A. – Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Belousov V.I. – Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Chernova I.S. – Junior Researcher, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Drobyishev Yu.Yu. – Engineer, All-Russian Research Institute for Nuclear Power Plants Operation.
This paper considers the statement of the problem of designing of a combined code taking into account the heterogeneity of the reactor environment properties in the diffusion approximation. The advantages (a promptitude, developed and an approved base of constant) and the weakness of the diffusion approximation (associated with homogenization of computational cells) are known. Implementing the code in the diffusion approximation, taking into account the heterogeneity of the environment, will eliminate a known weakness, while retaining all its advantages.
The code assumes an implementation of the homogeneous, adjoint, inhomogeneous and transient neutron transport problems in the cores of fast reactors. All tasks have been tested by the authors in the creation of previous codes, so the problems in the implementation of these solutions in new code are not expected. But due to the high level of detailing of the task it is possible to use new algorithms, for example, for computation of areas with cavities.
Great opportunities of the code in the detailing of calculated core will certainly lead to the complication of the algorithm of initial data input. Using the constructor for creating a computational model of the core providing a visualization of the model including spatial grid is scheduled in the code to facilitate the user's work. With the constructor all possible types of modeling FA (calculated channels) with selectable fill each calculated cell by any material available in the database of the code will be prompted to the user.
For user's convenience it is planned to implement the code's postprocessor with the possibility of visualization of calculated neutronic characteristics of a core.
neutronic calculation, heterogeneity, diffusion approximation, code, core constructor, postprocessor, visualization
1. Seleznev E.F. Kinetika reaktorov na byistryih neytronah [Kinetics of fast reactors]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2013. 240 p.
2. Kuznetsov A.E., Vasiliev B.A., Farakshin M.R. et al. Selecting the layout for the hybrid core of the BN-800 reactor. Proc. Int. Conf. on Fast Reactors and Related Fuel Cycles: Next Generation Nuclear Systems for Sustainable Development. Vienna, 2015.
3. Lemehov V.V., Smirnov V.S., Umanskiy A.A. Aktivnaya zona reaktora BREST: sovremennoe sostoyanie i perspektivy [The core of the BREST reactor: current status and prospects]. Problemyi mashinostroeniya i avtomatizatsii - Engineering and Automation Problems, 2013, no. 2, pp. 89-93.
4. Ashirmetov M.R., Vasilev B.A., Vasyaev A.V., Ershov V.N., Zverev D.L., Oshkanov N.N., Ponomaryov-Stepnoy N.N., Poplavskiy V.M., Shepelev S.F. BN-1200. Rezul'taty razrabotki [BN-1200. The results of the development]. Ezhemesyachnyy zhurnal Atomnoy Energetiki Rossii - Monthly journal of Atomic Energy of Russia, 2015, no. 10, pp. 19-23.
5. Beck T., Blanc V., Chapoutier N., Escleine J-M. et al. Conceptual Design of Fuel and Radial Shielding Sub-Assemblies to ASTRID IAED-CN-245. Proc. Int. Conf. on Fast Reactors and Related Fuel Cycles: Next Generation Nuclear Systems for Sustainable Development. Yekaterinburg, 2017, Paper CN-245-128, 10 p.
6. Tuzov A.A., Gulevich A.V., Kochetkov L.A., Tret'yakov I.T., Lukasevich I.B., Zvir A.I., Izhutov A.L., Leont'eva-Smirnova M.V., Tselishchev A.V. Potential Problems of MBIR in Validating New-Generation Nuclear Power Facilities and its Experimental Possibilities. Atomic Energy, 2015, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 32-36.
7. Koscheev V.N., Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M. N., Tsiboulya A.M. Biblioteka gruppovykh konstant BNAB-RF dlya raschetov reaktorov i zashchity [ABBN-RF group constants library for nuclear reactor and shielding calculations]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2014, no. 3, pp. 93-101.
8. Asatryan D.S., Belov A.A., Belousov V.I., Bereznev V.P., Ivchenko D.V., Seleznev E.F., Chernova I.S., Tsibulya A.M., Koshcheev V.N., Manturov G.N., Peregudov A.A., Semenov M.Y., Drobyshev Y.Y., Karpov S.A., Fedorov I.V. GEFEST800 Software Complex for Performing Real-Time Neutron-Physical Calculations of the BN-800 Reactor in a Stationary Regime. Atomic Energy, 2015, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 375-381.