Authors & Affiliations
Stogov V.Yu., Bur'evsky I.V., Kuncio G.A.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Bur'evsky I.V. – Senior Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Kuncio G.A. – Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The procedure of an analytical estimate of accidents in fast reactors allows: to estimate a steady state of the reactor after decrease of flow (process of ULOF type), to choose a variant of an initial state for the consequential calculations by integrated codes; to compare the close variants of a construction of the reactor; to compare various types of reactors. The procedure is based on the analysis of effects of reactivity.
The procedure allows promptly and with small expenses to estimate a steady state after accident under condition of absence of phase transition of the coolant and destruction of reactor.
The set of calculations by this procedure for various variants of one type of the reactor and for various types of fast reactors at the considerable decrease of flow has been carried out. Results of comparison of calculations for reactor power and coolant outlet temperature on an exit have been given.
procedure of the analytical estimation, fast reactor, failure, reactivity effects, doppler-effect, steady state
1. Ashurko I.M., Volkov A.V., Raskach K.F. Coremelt-2D code for analysis of severe accidents in a sodium fast reactor. Proc. Int. Conf. on Fast Reactor and Related Fuel Cycle: Safe Technologies and Sustainable Scenarios (FR13). Paris, France, 2013.
2. SIMMER-III: A Computer Program for LMFR Core Disruptive Accident Analysis. Version 3.A. Model Summary and Program Description. JNC TN9400 2003-071, 2003.
3. The SAS4A LMFBR Accident Analysis Code System.Argonne National Laboratory, ANL/RAS 83-38, 1988.
4. Elistratov D.G. "DICOR" – Uproshchennaya programma dinamicheskogo rascheta avariynykh rezhimov raboty dlya kontseptual'nykh issledovaniy samozashchishchennosti bystrykh reaktorov ["DICOR" Simplified program for the dynamic calculation of emergency operation modes for conceptual studies of the self-protection of fast reactors]. Preprint FEI-2846 - Preprint IPPE-2846. Obninsk, 2000.
5. Kuznetsov I.A., Poplavskiy V.M. Bezopasnost' AES s reaktorami na bystrykh neytronakh [Safety of nuclear power plants with fast neutron reactors]. Moscow, IzdAt Publ., 2012. 632 p.
6. Wade D.C., Hill R.N. The design rationale of the IFR. Progress in Nuclear Energy, 1997, vol. 31, no. 1-2, pp. 13-42.
7. Bur'evsky I.V., Maslov P.A., Stogov V.Yu. Doplerovskaya komponenta v effektakh reaktivnosti reaktora tipa BN [Doppler component in reactor reactivity effects of the BN type]. Trudy Mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii po fizike yadernykh reaktorov [Proc. Int. Conf. on Nuclear Reactor Physics]. Volga, 2016.
8. Shepelev S.F., Vasilev B.A., Vasyaev A.V. et al. Development of the new generation power unit with the BN-1200 reactor. Proc. Int. Conf. on Fast Reactors and Related Fuel Cycles: Next Generation Nuclear Systems for Sustainable Development (FR17). Yekaterinburg, Russia, 2017.
9. Matveev V.I., Khomyakov Yu.S. Tekhnicheskaya fizika bystrykh reaktorov s natrievym teplonositelem [Technical physics of fast reactors with sodium coolant]. Moscow, MEI Publ., 2012. pp. 38-42.
10. Bezzubtsev V.S, Emel'yanov V.S, Adamov E.O. et al. Innovatsionnyy proekt AES c reaktorom BREST s pristantsionnym toplivnym tsiklom [Innovative project of the NPP with the BREST reactor with the on-site fuel cycle]. Trudy II nauchnoy konferentsii Minatoma Rossii "Atomnaya energetika. Sostoyanie i perspektivy" [Proc. II Sci. Conf. Russian Ministry of Atomic Energy "Nuclear Power. Condition and prospects"]. Moscow, 2002, pp. 85.
11. Stogov V.Yu. Raschet temperaturno-moshchnostnykh effektov pri proektirovanii reaktorov BN s ispol'zovaniem diffuzionnykh programm tipa TRIGEX [Calculation of temperature-power effects in the design of BN reactors using diffusion programs of the TRIGEX type]. Preprint FEI-3259 - Preprint IPPE-3259. Obninsk, 2015.