Authors & Affiliations
Sakhipgareev A.R., Morozov A.V.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Sakhipgareev A.R. – Junior Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The results of an analysis of the experimental data of the heat transfer processes in the removal of the noncondensable steam-gas mixture from the bundles of air cooled longitudinal finned tubes in the passive safety system of NNP with WWER is considered in the article. The experiments were performed on the test facility with the working section "Gas removal device" with the parameters specific to the primary circuit of the reactor facility in 24 hours after the accident initiation. The nitrogen and the helium were used in the steam-gas mixture, as the non-condensable gases. The hydrogen was replaced of the helium for safety reasons.
It was established that the condensation capability of the model of the gas removal device in an ex-periment without steam-gas mixture removal is reduced to zero after gas supply for ~890 seconds. In an experiment with steam-gas mixture removal, the maintenance of the condensation capability is possible during the experiment. The obtained data can be used for the numerical simulation of emergency processes in the WWER reactor facility during operation of the passive safety systems (the HA-2 system, passive heat removal system), with regard to the operation of the non-condensable gases removal device.
WWER, steam generator, condensation mode, condensation in vertical tubes, air heat exchanger, non-condensable gases, steam-gas mixture
1. Kalyakin S.G., Sorokin A.P., Pivovarov V.A., Pomet'ko R.S., Selivanov Yu.F., Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Eksperimental'nye issledovaniya teplofizicheskikh protsessov v obosnovanie bezopasnosti VVER novogo pokoleniya [Experimental studies of the thermophysical processes in justification of the safety of the new generation of VVER]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2014, vol. 116, no. 4, pp. 241-246.
2. Morozov A. Experimental substantiation of VVER reactor passive core flooding system. Transactions of the 2009 American Nuclear Society Annual Meeting and Embedded Topical Meetings: Risk Management and 2009 Young Professionals Congress. Washington, DC, 2009, pp. 1139-1140.
3. Luk'yanov A.A., Zajtsev A.A., Morozov A.V., Popova T.V., Remizov O.V., Tsyganok A.A., Kalyakin D.S. Raschetno-eksperimental'noe issledovanie vliyaniya nekondensiruyuschihsya gazov na rabotu modeli parogeneratora VVER v kondensacionnom rezhime pri zaproektnoj avarii [Numerical and experimental investigation of the effect of non-condensable gases on the VVER steam generator model operation in condensing mode during beyond design basis accident]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2010, no. 4, pp. 172-182.
4. Morozov A.V., Sorokin A.P., Ragulin S.V., Pityk A.V., Sakhipgareev A.R., Soshkina A.S., Shlepkin A.S. Vliyanie protsessov massoperenosa bornoj kisloty na ee nakoplenie v aktivnoj zone pri avarijnykh rezhimakh AES s VVER [Effect of Boric Acid Mass Transfer on the Accumulation Thereof in a Fuel Core under Emergency Modes at NPPs with WMR]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 2017, no. 7, pp. 1-6.
5. Berkovich V.M., Taranov G.S., Kalyakin S.G., Remizov O.V., Morozov A.V. Razrabotka i obosnovanie tekhnologii udaleniya nekondensiruyuschikhsya gazov dlya obespecheniya rabotosposobnosti sistemy passivnogo otvoda tepla [The development and substantiation of technology of removal of non-condensable gases to ensure of the operation passive heat removal system]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2006, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 13-19.
6. Lokshin V.A., Fomina V.N. Obobschenie materialov po experimental’nomu issledovaniyu rebristykh puchkov trub [Generalization of the data on the experimental study of the resistance of finned tube bundles]. Teploenergetika - Thermal Engineering, 1978, no. 6, pp. 36-39.
7. Kuntysh V.B., Kuznetsov N.M. Teplovoy i aerodinamicheskiy raschety orebrennykh teploobmennikov vozdushnogo okhlazhdeniya [Thermal and aerodynamic calculations of the air cooled finned heat exchangers]. St. Petersburg, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1992. 280 p.
8. Hu X., Jacobi A.M. Local heat transfer behaviour and its impact on a single-row annularly finned tube heat exchanger. ASME Journal of Heat transfer, 1993, vol. 115, pp. 66–74.
9. Nir A. Heat transfer and friction factor correlations for cross flow over staggered finned tube banks. Heat Transfer Engineering, 1991, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 43–58.
10. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V. Sovremennye razrabotki sistem passivnogo otvoda tepla vodoohlazhdaemyh reaktorov [Modern development of passive heat removal systems of water-cooled reactors]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2013, no. 2, pp. 61-78.
11. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V., Kalyakin D.S., Ragulin S.V., Sakhipgareev A.R., Soshkina A.S., Shlepkin A.S. Eksperimental'noye issledovaniye raboty vozdukhookhlazhdayemogo teploobmennika s prodol'no orebrennym trubnym puchkom [Experimental study of the operation of an air-cooled heat exchanger with a longitudinally finned tube bundle]. Trudy 6 Rossiyskoy natsional’noy konferentsii po teploobmenu [Proc. 6th Russian National Heat Transfer Conference]. Moscow, 2014, pp. 1134-1138.
12. Berkovich V.M., Peresadko V.G., Taranov G.S., Remizov O.V., Morozov A.V., Tsyganok A.A., Kalyakin D.S. Experimental study on Novovoronezh NPP-2 steam generator model condensation power in the event of the beyond design basis accident. Proc. Int. Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants 2010, ICAPP 2010. San Diego, CA, 2010, pp. 186-192.
13. Morozov A.V., Remizov O.V., Tsyganok A.A. Non-condensable gases effect on steam condensation heat transfer in horizontal tube bundle. Transactions of the American Nuclear Society 2010 ANS Annual Meeting and Embedded Topical Meetings. San Diego, CA, USA, 2010, pp. 676–677.
14. Morozov A.V., Shlepkin A.S. Analiz vliyaniya rezhimnyh faktorov na rabotu modeli parogeneratora VVER v rezhime kondensatsii para [Analysis of the effect of operating factors on the operation of model of VVER steam generator in a mode of steam condensation]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2016, no. 3, pp. 91-99.