Authors & Affiliations
Askhadullin R.Sh., Storozhenko A.N., Melnikov V.P., Legkikh A.Yu., Ulyanov V.V.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Storozhenko A.N. – Head of the Laboratory, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Melnikov V.P. – Deputy General Director Director of the Department of Physical and Chemical Technologies, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Legkikh A.Yu. – Leading Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Tech), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
Ulyanov V.V. – Leading Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The choice of the nuclear reactor coolant substantially defines its engineering shape and safety parameters. Heavy liquid metal coolants (lead, lead-bismuth) are explosion-proof effective coolants. The coolants ensure heat removal at high temperatures and low pressures.
At present, at the national and international levels, new-generation reactor plants with lead and lead-bismuth coolants are being developed on the basis of modern standards of safety, sustainability, economic efficiency, and physical protection. The technical design of the BREST-OD-300 reactor is being completed in Russia, the technical design of the SVBR-100 reactor facility has been completed. At the stage of preliminary engineering is the Chinese reactor with a heavy coolant "CLEAR-I". In Europe, the following reactor plants are being developed:" ALFRED " (European demonstration re-actor with lead coolant of IV generation), MYRRHA (research reactor with lead-bismuth coolant based on electro-nuclear system), ELFR (European commercial reactor with lead coolant of IV generation).
The considerable experience of working in Russia with heavy coolants (reactor installations of submarines, circulation stands) shows that for trouble-free and safe operation of installations with these coolants, it is necessary to execute a complex on technology of the coolant.
reactor facility, heavy liquid metal coolant, mass exchanger, oxygen thermodynamic activity sensors, gas dispenser, coolant filter, gas filter
1. Lemekhov V.V. Tekhnicheskiy proyekt reaktornoy ustanovki “BREST-OD-300” [Technical design of the BREST-OD-300 reactor installation]. Trudy Nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii “Proyektnoye napravleniye “PRORYV”: rezul’taty realizatsii novoy tekhnologicheskoy platformy yadernoy energetiki” [Proc. Sci. Pract. Conf. "Design Direction"PRORIV": the results of the implementation of the new technological platform of nuclear energy"]. Yahonty, 2015. Available at: http://www.innov-rosatom.ru/events/proriv/nauchno-prakticheskaya-konferentsiya-proektnoe-napravlenie-proryv-2015/materialy-konferentsii-pn-proryv.php. (accessed 23.07.2018).
2. Petrochenko V.V., Toshinsky G.I., Komlev O.G. SVBR-100 as a possible option for developing countries, way? Proc. Int. Conf. on Fast Reactors and Related Fuel Cycles: Next Generation Nuclear Systems for Sustainable Development. Yekaterinburg, 2017, pp. 457.
3. Obzor yadernykh tekhnologiy. Doklad General’nogo direktora MAGATE na General’noy konferentsii “Atom dlya mira” [Overview of nuclear technology. Report of the Director General of the IAEA at the Atoms for Peace General Conference], 2015. GC(59)/INF/2.
4. Askhadullin R.Sh., Legkikh A.Yu., Storozhenko A.N., Ulyanov V.V. Strategies of maintaining appropriate technology of heavy liquid metal coolants in advanced nuclear power plants. Proc. Int. Conf. on Fast Reactors and Related Fuel Cycles: Next Generation Nuclear Systems for Sustainable Development. Yekaterinburg, 2017. IAEA-CN245-393.
5. Askhadullin R.Sh., Legkikh A.Yu. Sposoby vvoda rastvorennogo kisloroda v svintsovyy teplonositel’ [Methods for introducing dissolved oxygen into the lead coolant]. Trudy konferentsii “Innovatsii v atomnoy energetike” [Proc. conf. "Innovations in the nuclear power industry"]. Moscow, 2017, pp. 1078-1089.
6. Askhadullin R.Sh., Martynov P.N., Rachkov V.I., Legkikh A.Yu., Storozhenko A.N., Ul’yanov V.V., Gulevskiy V.A. Kontrol’ i regulirovaniye kisloroda v tyazhelykh zhidkometallicheskikh tep-lonositelyakh dlya protivokorrozionnoy zashchity staley [Control and regulation of oxygen in heavy liquid metal coolants for corrosion protection of steels]. Teplofizika vysokikh temperatur - High Temperature, 2016, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 595-604.
7. Askhadullin R.Sh., Storozhenko A.N., SHelemet’yev V.M., Skomorokhov A.N., Sadovnichiy R.P., Legkikh A.Yu. Sovremennoye sostoyaniye razrabotok datchikov aktivnosti kisloroda dlya reaktornykh ustanovok s tyazhelym zhidkometallicheskim teplonositelem [The current state of development of oxygen activity sensors for reactors with a heavy liquid metal coolant]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2017, special issue, pp. 13-21.
8. Martynov P.N., Orlov YU.I., Efanov A.D., Filin A.I., Leonov V.N., Troyanov V.M., Rusa-nov A.E., Lavrova O.V., Papovyants A.K. Tekhnologiya svinets-vismutovogo teplonositelya dlya atomnykh reaktorov. Udaleniye vzveshennykh primesey iz teplonositelya fil’trovaniyem [Technology lead-bismuth coolant for nuclear reactors. Removal of suspended impurities from the coolant by filtration]. Trudy soveshchaniya mezhdunarodnoy rabochey gruppy v ramkakh soglasheniya mezhdu Minatomom Rossii i Komissariatom po atomnoy energii Frantsii v oblasti issledovaniy i razrabotok po bystrym reaktoram [Proc. meeting of the International working group under the agreement between the Ministry of Atomic Energy of Russia and the French Atomic Energy Commission in the field of research and development of fast reactors]. Obninsk, 2001.
9. Papovyants A.K., Orlov Yu.I., Martynov P.N., Boltoev Yu.D. Hydrodynamics of heavy liquid metal coolant processes and filtering apparatus. Proc. 11th Int. Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics (NURETH-11). France, 2005.
10. Martynov P.N. Protsessy shlakoobrazovaniya v svintsovo-vismutovom konture. Preduprezhdeniye i likvidatsiya kriticheskikh situatsiy [The processes of slag formation in the lead-bismuth circuit. Prevention and elimination of critical situations]. Trudy mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii “Tyazhelyye zhidkometallicheskiye teplonositeli v yadernykh tekhnologiyakh”, TZHMT-98 [Proc. Int. Conf. "Heavy liquid metal coolants in nuclear technology", TZHMT-98]. Obninsk, 1998, pp. 2.
11. Martynov P.N., Askhadullin R.Sh., Papovyanc A.K., Yagodkin I.V., Mel'nikov V.P., Voronin I.A. Kompleksnaya ochistka tyazhelyh teplonositelej ot rastvorennyh i vzveshennyh primesej (vklyuchaya polonij) fil'trovaniem [Complex cleaning of heavy coolants from dissolved and suspended impurities (including polonium) by means of filtration]. Trudy mezhotraslevogo seminara “Tyazhelye zhidkometallicheskie teplonositeli (Teplofizika-2010)” [Proc. Intersectoral Seminar "Heavy liquid metal coolants (Thermophysics-2010)"]. Obninsk, 2010, pp. 45-51.