Authors & Affiliations
Legkikh A.Yu., Lavrova O.V.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Lavrova O.V. – Senior Researcher, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The processes of corrosion and masstransfer have a significant impact on the service life, the performance of the main components and the safety of nuclear reactors with heavy liquid metal coolant. When justifying the safety of nuclear reactors with the help of design codes, it is necessary to simulate physical and chemical processes in the coolant circulation circuit, including the interaction of impurities in the coolant volume and oxidation of the structural steel surfaces.
To ensure the possibility of computational modeling, models of physical and chemical processes in the coolant and on the surfaces of steels are needed. It can be used in the design codes.
Therefore, the analysis of approaches to the modeling physical and chemical processes in nuclear reactors is very relevant.
In the article the approaches to the description of physical and chemical processes in the coolant and on the surfaces of structural steels in the circulation circuits of nuclear reactors with heavy liquid-metal coolant is analyzed.
nuclear reactor, heavy liquid metal coolant, impurities, oxygen, iron, masstransfer, oxidation of steel, model, physical and comical prosesses, calculations
1. Frank-Kamenetsky D.A.Diffuziya i teploperedacha v khimicheskoy kinetike [Diffusion and heat transfer in chemical kinetics]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1987. 502 pp.
2. Lavrova O.V., Legkikh A.Yu., Storozhenko A.N. Termodinamicheskiye aspekty protsessa okisleniya metallicheskikh primesey i poverkhnostey staley v rasplavakh tyazhelykh zhidkikh metallov [Thermodynamic aspects of oxidation of metallic impurities and steel surface in heavy liquid metal melts]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2016, no. 4, pp. 102–113.
3. Alekseev V.V., Orlova E.A., Kozlov F.A., Torbenkova I.Yu., Kondratiev A.S. Raschetno-teoreticheskiy analiz protsessa oksidirovaniya stali v svintsovom teplonositele [The theoretical and calculation analysis of oxide formation process on steel in lead coolant]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Yadernye konstanty - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear Constants, 2010, no. 1-2, pp. 56-66.
4. Linetskiy B.L., Krupin A.V., Opara B.K., Rakoch A.G. Bezokislitel’nyy nagrev redkikh metallov i splavov v vakuume [Basically heat rare metals and alloys in vacuum]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1985. 183 pp.
5. Mandelcorn L. Nestekhiometricheskie soedineniya [Non-stoichiometric compounds]. Moscow, Khimiya Publ., 1971. 607 pp.
6. Alexeev V.V., Arseev E.V., Orlova E.A. Calculation model of the formation of a two-layer oxide coating on the steel surface in the lead coolant, (2012). Available at: http://mif15.itmo.by/conferences/abstracts/mif-14/Section_4/4-02.pdf (accessed 30.09.2018).
7. Martinelli L., Dufrenoy T. et al. High temperature oxidation of Fe-9Cr-1Mo steel in stagnant liquid lead-bismuth at several temperatures and for different lead contents in the liquid alloy. Journal of Nuclear Materials, 2008, vol. 376, no. 3, pp. 282-288. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2008.02.006.