Authors & Affiliations
Butov A.A., Klimonov I.A., Kudashov I.G., Pribaturin N.A., Chukno V.I., Usov E.V.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Butov A.A. – Engineer, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Rissian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk Branch.
Klimonov I.A. – Engineer, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Rissian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk Branch.
Kudashov I.G. – Engineer, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Rissian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk Branch.
Pribaturin N.A., – Director, Dr. Sci. (Tech.), Nuclear Safety Institute of the Rissian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk Branch.
Chukno V.I. – Engineer, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Rissian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk Branch.
To justify the safety of modern nuclear reactor with a liquid metal coolant, a system of codes is required to simulate reactor behaviorduring severe accidents such as ULOF and UTOP. For these purposes, the coupled code EUCLID/V2 is developed by Nuclear Safety Insitute of the Russian Academy of Science. To demonstrate the ability of the code to model various phenomena, it is necessary to carry out the procedure of its verification. To verify EUCLID/V2 code, the calculations of the exeriments on Direct Electrical Heating (DEH) experimental installation at the Argon National Laboratory, the High-Ramp-Rate experiments (HRRE) experiments on the Annular Core Research Reactor research reactor in National Laboratory Sandia and the Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University were performed. The results of calculation are presented in paper. On the base of the calculations of these experiments, some calculation errors has been estimated, as well as the factors that have the greatest influence on the calculation results.
EUKLID/V2, SAFR/V1, Direct Electrical Heating, High-Ramp-Rate experiments, Annular Core Research Reactor
1. Usov E.V., Butov A.A., Klimonov I.A., Chuhno V.I., Nikolaenko A.V., Zhdanov V.S., Pribaturin N.A., Strizhov V.F. Features of the Numerical Solution of Thermal Destruction Fuel Pins Problems in the Fast Reactor. Journal of Physics: Conf. Series, 2017, vol. 891, p. 012171.
2. Kalashnikova A.A., Usov E.V. Razrabotka programmnogo modulya dlya rascheta plavleniya tvel i peremeshcheniya rasplava v reaktornykh ustanovkakh na bystrykh neytronakh na etape tyazheloy avarii [Development of a software module for calculating the melting of fuel elements and moving the melt in fast neutron reactors at the stage of a severe accident]. Trudy 3 rossiyskoy molodezhnoy konferentsii “Energetika, elektromekhanika i energoeffektivnyye tekhnologii glazami molodezhi” [Proc. 3th Russian Youth Conference "Power, Electromechanics and Energy Efficient Technologies through the Eyes of Youth"]. Tomsk, 2015, pp. 135-138.
3. Deitrich L.W. Experiments on transient fuel failure mechanisms. Proc. Int. Working Group on Fast Reactors Specialists Meeting on Fuel Failure Mechanisms. Seattle, Washington, 1975.
4. Wrona B.J., Galvin T.M., Stahl D. Out-of-reactor experimental study of fuel-pin failure phenomena. Proc. Int. Meeting on Fast Reactor Safety and Related Physics. Chicago, 1976.
5. Wright S.A., Worledge D.H., Cano G.L., Mast P.K., Briscoe F. Fuel-Disruption Experiments Under High-Ramp-Rate Heating Conditions. NUREG/CR–3662. SAND81-0413. R7 (report), 1983, 88 p.
6. Usynin G.B., Anoshkin Yu.I., Semenychev M.A. Issledovaniye plavleniya tvelov na imitatorakh s toplivnymi kompozitsiyami [The study of the melting of fuel rods on simulators with fuel compositions]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 1991, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 108–110.
7. Usynin G.B., Anoshkin Yu.I., Vlasichev G.N., Galitskiy Yu.N., Semenychev M.A. Model’noye izucheniye protsessov, voznikayushchikh pri peregreve tvelov [Study of the processes occurring when the fuel rods overheat]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 1986, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 347–350.
8. Vlasichev G.N. Raschetnyy analiz eksperimentov po razrusheniyu elektroobogrevayemykh imitatorov tvelov yadernykh reaktorov [Computational analysis of experiments on the destruction of electrically heated fuel reactor simulators of nuclear reactors]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika - Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2000, no. 4, pp. 28–37.