Authors & Affiliations
Askhadullin R.Sh., Legkikh A.Yu.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Askhadullin R.Sh. – Deputy Director of the Department of Physico-Chemical Technologies, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Associate Professor, A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering.
The most important impurity in the heavy liquid metal coolant (HLMC) is dissolved oxygen. When the dissolved oxygen is entered into the coolant the oxide films is formatted on the surfaces of structural steels and equipment. The films provide the corrosion resistance of the surfaces against influence of the coolant. The state of the protective films during operation is largely determined by the oxygen regime, i. e. a concentration of dissolved oxygen in the coolant. So-called natural deoxidation of the coolant, which is spontaneous reduction of the dissolved oxygen content, is characteristic of hermetic non-isothermal circulation circuits with HLMC due to the thermodynamic features of "HLMC-impurity-structural steel" system. As a result, the oxygen concentration decrease and it can achieve the levels, in which corrosion and erosion processes start. To maintain the oxygen concentration on the level for ensuring of corrosion resistance of the steels the control the oxygen concentration and regulated feed of the coolant with dissolved oxygen is necessary. To control the oxygen concentration, the sensors of oxygen activity are used. The sensors are based on a solid oxide electrolyte and developed in the SSC RF – IPPE. The most perspective method to inject the dissolved oxygen into the coolant is solid phase method. It is based on dissolution of solid-phase lead oxide in the coolant flow. The technical realization of the solid-phase method of maintaining the oxygen concentration is carried out with the help of mass exchangers.
At the stage of designing the mass exchanger, it is necessary to calculate the main technical parameters of its operation; one of this is oxygen productivity. During the operation of mass exchanger its productivity will change on account of oxygen resource decreasing. It is important for practice to estimate the change of the mass exchanger productivity and the resource of its operation. In the report our approach of estimating the change of mass exchanger productivity on account of oxygen resource decreasing is presented.
heavy liquid metal coolant, dissolution, lead oxide, oxygen, mass-transfer apparatus, resource, calculation, solid phase method
1. Askhadullin R.Sh., Martynov P.N., Rachkov V.I., Legkikh A.Y., Storozhenko A.N., Ul'yanov V.V., Gulevskiy V.A. Kontrol' i regulirovanie kisloroda v tyazhelykh zhidkometallicheskikh teplonositelyakh dlya protivokorrozionnoy zashchity staley [Monitoring and control of the oxygen content in heavy liquid-metal coolants for anticorrosion protection of steels]. Teplofizika vysokikh temperatur - High Temperature, 2016, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 595–604.
2. Askhadullin R.Sh., Storozhenko A.N., Shelemetev V.M, Skomorokhov A.N., Sadovnichiy R.P., Legkikh A.Yu. Sovremennoe sostoyanie razrabotok AO “GNTs RF – FEI” datchikov aktivnosti kisloroda dlya reaktornykh ustanovok s tyazhelym zhidkometallicheskim teplonositelem [Current state of development of the oxygen sensors for nuclear reactors with heavy liquid metal coolant]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2017, special issue, pp. 12–19.
3. Martynov P.N., Askhadullin R.Sh., Legkikh A.Yu., Simakov A.A. Analiz sredstv “tverdofaznogo” regulirovaniya kislorodnogo potentsiala v TZhMT [The analysis of methods of “solid-phase” control of oxygen potential in HLMC]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2015, no. 3, pp. 79—84.
4. Askhadullin R.Sh., Martynov P.N., Rackov V.I., Legkikh A.Yu. Raschetno-eksperimental'nye issledovaniya v obosnovanie massoobmennykh apparatov dlya obespecheniya zadannogo kislorodnogo rezhima v TZhMT (Pb, Pb-Bi) [Calculation and experimental research in support of mass exchangers for providing specific oxygen regime in heavy liquid metal coolants (Pb, Pb-Bi)]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika – Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2014, no. 1, pp. 160–171.
5. Legkikh A.Yu., Martynov P.N., Askhadyllin R.Sh. Raschet massoobmennykh apparatov dlya obespecheniya zadannogo kislorodnogo rezhima v tyazhelom zhidkometallicheskom teplonositele [Calculation of Mass Exchangers for Providing Specific Oxygen Regime in Heavy Liquid Metal Coolant]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika – Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2013, no. 1, pp. 80–91.
6. Ivanov K.D., Niyazov S.-A.S., Lavrova O.V., Salaev S.V., Askhadullin R.Sh. Razrabotka metodiki opredeleniya skorosti okisleniya konstruktsionnykh staley v tyazhelykh zhidkometallicheskikh teplonositelyakh [Development of the technique for determination the rate of oxidation of structural steels in heavy liquid metal coolants]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika – Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2017, no. 4, pp. 127–137.