Authors & Affiliations
Vilensky O.Yu., Lapshin D.A., Novinsky E.G., Rusinov N.S.
Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Vilensky O.Yu. – Head of department, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering.
Novinsky E.G. – Chief Specialist, Dr. (Techn.) Sci., Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering.
Rusinov N.S. – Design Engineer, Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering.
The paper presents basic results of analysis of deformation process and estimation of pipe mockup falling on a reactor roof (RR).
Reactor protection against possible falling of various pieces of equipment is provided by keeping RR integrity and no unallowable deformation on it. Full-scale representative testing of RR under dynamic impacts is rather difficult because of a large cost.
To decrease costs, at the design stage representative analytical studies were performed, and the design was optimized considering the shock resistance requirements to mitigate consequences of troubles in operation in course of transportation and handling operations at the reactor plant.
Computation analysis of falling is performed using dynamics computation module LS-DYNA of program complex ANSYS certified by Rostekhnadzor. The LS-DYNA module is intended for computation analysis of high-linear dynamic processes by an explicit scheme of integration of dynamics equations.
Mathematical analysis was made using a verified model of the behavior of a structural material used in the reactor roof, which was built based on the results of experimental studies under compression and tension conditions at various deformation rates and temperatures.
The obtained results permitted to analyze collision process, determine values of plastic deformations occurred in reactor roof elements.
Application of an integrated approach implemented in this computation analysis permitted to solve, with a moderate percentage of conservatism, a problem associated with safe reactor plant operation.
reactor roof, elasto-plastic deformation, deformation model
1. Timofeev A.V., Kaydalov V.B., Lapshin D.A., Malygin M.G. Primenenie raschetnogo kompleksa ANSYS\LS DYNA v analize avariy, svyazannykh s padeniem oborudovaniya YaEU [Application of Computation Complex ANSYS\LS-DYNA in Analysis of Accidents Associated with Falls of NPP Equipment]. Trudy XIV Nizhegorodskoy sessii molodykh uchenykh “Tekhnicheskie nauki” [Proc. XIV Nizhny Novgorod session of young scientists “Technical Sciences”]. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2009, pp. 86.
2. Bazhenov V.G., Kibets A.I., Kibets Yu.I., Laptev P.V., Ryabov A.A, Romanov V.I., Sotskov G.I. Konechno-elementnyy analiz vysokoskorostnogo udara o pregradu transportnogo upakovochnogo komplekta [Finite-element Analysis of a High-velocity Shock on a Barrier of a Transport Package Set]. Problemy mashinostroeniya i nadezhnosti mashin – Problems of Machine Building and Machine Reliability, 2004, no. 2, pp. 118–125.
3. Kibets A.I., Kibets Yu.I., Matveev V.Z. Chislennoe modelirovanie dinamicheskogo deformirovaniya konteynera pri avariynom padenii na nego plity [Numerical Simulation of Dynamic Deformation of a Container in the Case of Accident Fall of a Plate on it]. Moscow, Partnership of scientific publications KMK Publ., 1997. Pp. 77–83.
4. Ryabov A.A., Romanov V.I., Sotskov G.I., Skurikhin S.G., Barchenkov A.I., Morenko A.I. Komp'yuternoe modelirovanie povedeniya sistemy dempfirovaniya zashchitnogo konteynera pri ego padeniyakh [Computer Simulation of Behavior of the Damping System of a Protective Cask at its fall]. Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo universiteta im. N.I. Lobachevskogo. Seriya: Mekhanika – Bulletin of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod. Series: Mechanics, 2000, no. 2, pp. 98–102.
5. Programmnyy kompleks ANSYS [ANSYS software package]. Software tool certificate no. 327 dated April 18, 2013.
6. Lapshin D.A. Raschetno-eksperimental'nyy analiz prochnosti vnutriob"ektovykh transportnykh konteynerov reaktorov tipa BN v avariyakh s padeniem. Diss. kand. tekhn. nauk [Computational and Experimental Analysis of Strength of In-Facility Transportation Casks of BN-type Reactors in Accidents with Falling. Cand. Sci. (Tech.) diss.]. Nizhny Novgorod, 2015.
7. Kolsky G. Issledovanie mekhanicheskikh svoystv materialov pri bol'shikh skorostyakh nagruzheniya [Analysis of Mechanical Properties of Materials under High Velocities of Loading]. Mekhanika - Mechanics, 1950, no. 4, pp. 108–119.
8. Bragov A.M., Lomunov A.K. Osobennosti postroeniya diagramm deformirovaniya metodom Kol'skogo [Peculiarities of Deformation Diagram Building using the Kolsky Method]. Gorkiy, Gorky University Publ., 1984. Pp. 125–137.
9. Bragov A.M., Lomunov A.K. Methodological aspects of studying dynamic material properties using the Kolsky method. International Journal of Impact Engineering, 1995, vol. 16(2), pp. 321–330.
10. Nicholas T. Tensile testing of materials at high rates of strain. Exp. Mech., 1981, vol. 21, no. 5. pp. 177–195.
11. Johnson G.R., Cook W.H. A constitutive model and data for metals subjected to large strains, high strain rates and high temperatures. Proc. 7th International Symposium on Ballistic. Hague, Netherlands, 1983, pp. 541–547.
12. Taylor G.I., Quinney A. The latent energy remaining in a metal after cold working. Proceedings of the Royal Society, 1934, vol. 143, pp. 307–326.
13. Huh H., Kang W.J. Crash-Worthiness Assessment of Thin-Walled Structures with the High-Strength Steel Sheet. International Journal of Vehicle Design, 2002, vol. 30, no. 1/2.
14. Allen D.J., Rule W.K., Jones S.E. Optimizing Material Strength Constants Numerically Extracted from Taylor Impact Data. Experimental Mechanics, 1997, vol. 37, no. 3.
15. Cowper G.R., Symonds P.S. Strain Hardening and Strain Rate Effects in the Impact Loading of Cantilever Beams. Brown University, Applied Mathematics Report, 1958.
16. Konstantinov A.Yu. Eksperimental'no-raschetnoe issledovanie povedeniya konstruktsionnykh materialov pod deystviem dinamicheskikh nagruzok. Diss. kand. tekhn. nauk [Experimental and Computational Analysis of Structural Material Behavior under Dynamic Load Impacts. Cand. Sci. (Tech.) diss.]. Nizhny Novgorod, 2007.
17. Kotov V.L., Konstantinov A.Yu., Kibets Yu.I., Tarasova A.A., Vlasov V.P. Chislennoe modelirovanie ploskoparallel'nogo dvizheniya konicheskikh udarnikov v uprugoplasticheskoy srede [Numerical Simulation of Plane Parallel Motion of Conical Strikers in Elasto-Plastic Medium]. Problemy prochnosti i plastichnosti – Problems of Strength and Plasticity, 2013, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 303—311.
18. Nadai A. Plastichnost' i razrushenie tverdykh tel [Plasticity and Destruction of Solid Bodies]. Moscow, Publish office for foreign literature, 1954.
19. PNAE G-7-002-86. Normy rascheta na prochnost' oborudovaniya i truboprovodov atomnykh energeticheskikh ustanovok [Strength Analysis Norms for Equipment and Pipes of the Nuclear Power Plants]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1989. 525 p.