Authors & Affiliations
Petrochenko V.V., Grigoriev S.A., Dedul A.V., Komlev O.G., Kondaurov A.V.
JSC "AKME-engineering", Moscow, Russia
Petrochenko V.V. – Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Director General, JSC "AKME-engineering".
Grigoriev S.A. – Deputy General Director for Capital Construction, JSC "AKME-engineering".
Komlev O.G. – first deputy director general for production, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), JSC "AKME-engineering".
Kondaurov A.V. – first deputy of director general for development and international collaboration, JSC "AKME-engineering".
One of the key tasks for the reactor SVBR-100 project is substantiation of the core elements performance and efficiency. As part of the R & D program to justify the project, a significant amount of work was performed, which confirmed the corrosion resistance of the material of fuel rod claddings (ferric-martensitic (FM) steel) on the basis of 50 thousand hours, the consequences of deviations of the oxygen regime of the coolant from the optimal values were considered. Paper presents the main results of the analysis of fuel rod claddings loading conditions under normal operation, in violation of normal operating conditions and in conditions of hypothetical emergency overheating. It is concluded that the main mechanisms of damage to equipment and core elements in emergency and preemergency situations are associated with the degradation of strength properties with increasing temperature, while corrosion-erosion processes that accelerates with increasing temperature proceed relatively slowly and are limited in time of exposure. Based on the experimental data obtained in the justification of the SVBR project, the nature of the most dangerous emergency processes and the analysis of their consequences, the paper presents proposals for the formulation of key safety criteria for lead-bismuth reactor plants. The approach is based on the establishment of the maximum permissible temperature-time dependences and/or calculated residual deformations of fuel rod claddings made of FM steel.
SVBR-100 project, lifetime, fuel rod, lead-bismuth coolant, design limits
1. NP-001-15. Obshchie polozheniya obespecheniya bezopasnosti atomnykh stantsiy [General provisions for the safety of nuclear power plants]. Available at: https://www.seogan.ru/np-001-15-obshie-polozheniya-obespecheniya-bezopasnosti-atomnix-stanciiy.html (accessed 21.07.2018).
2. NP-082-07. Pravila yadernoy bezopasnosti reaktornykh ustanovok atomnykh stantsiy [Nuclear safety rules for reactor facilities of nuclear power plants]. Available at: http://www.gosthelp.ru/text/ NP08207Pravilayadernojbez.html (accessed 21.07.2018).
3. Konobeevskiy S.T. Deystvie oblucheniya na materialy [Effects of radiation on materials]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1967.
4. Likhachev Yu.I., Pupko V.Ya. Prochnost' teplovydelyayushchikh elementov yadernykh reaktorov [The strength of fuel elements of nuclear reactors]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1975.
5. Chadek Y. Polzuchest' metallicheskikh materialov [Creep of metallic materials]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1987.
6. Neustroev V.S., Shamardin V.K. Srednetemperaturnoe radiatsionnoe okhrupchivanie austenitnykh staley i splavov, obluchennykh v reaktorakh na bystrykh neytronakh [Medium-temperature radiation embrittlement of austenitic steels and alloys irradiated in fast neutron reactors]. Fizika metallov i metallovedenie - Metal Physics and Metallography, 1997, no. 5, pp. 134—142.