Authors & Affiliations
Fraaz E.S., Malkov A.P.
JSC “State Scientific Center — Research Institute of Atomic Reactors”, Dimitrovgrad, Russia
Malkov A.P. – Head of department of nuclear safety, Dr. Sci. (Techn.), JSC “State Scientific Center — Research Institute of Atomic Reactors”.
The main results of neutron and physical calculations for the unirradiated and fulfilled fuel storages of the MBIR reactor, transport processing equipment and radiation protective cameras are adduced in this work. The analysis was made in full accordance with requirements of the state normative doc-uments for nuclear safety of research nuclear facilities. The results of effective neutron reproduction coefficient calculations received with use of the MCU-RFFI/A program were used for the analysis. According to the results of neutron and physical calculations, the NSM mass, enrichment, a step and geometry of placement of products in a binding reactor facility rooms restrictions were set, norms of loading at which nuclear safety at the unirradiated and fulfilled storage of MBIR reactor fuel, transport and technological operations are provided both in regular conditions, and in the considered emergencies were defined. The dependence of effective coefficient of neutron reproduction changes at unauthorized water ingress into points of "dry" storage and the equipment from water density was calculated, the maximum values were defined. The extreme values of effective neutron reproduction coefficient at violation of placement geometry of the nuclear sharing materials owing to external influences and human errors were also defined. The quantity and geometry restrictions of products arrangement with the nuclear sharing materials for all radiation protective cameras on the basis of settlement researches were set.
nuclear safety, MBIR reactor, packing set, warehouse of fresh fuel, cooling pond, transport and technological operations, research radiation protective cameras, MCU-RFFI/A program, settlement models, effective coefficient of reproduction of neutrons, neutron and physical calculations
1. NR-061-05. Pravila bezopasnosti pri khranenii i transportirovke yadernogo topliva na ob"ektakh ispol'zovaniya atomnoy energii [Safety rules at storage and transportation of nuclear fuel on subjects to use of atomic energy], 2005. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200043832 (accessed 12.09.2018).
2. Dragunov Yu.G., Tretyakov I.T., Lopatkin A.V., et al. Mnogotselevoy bystryy issledovatel'skiy reaktor (MBIR) – innovatsionnyy instrument dlya razvitiya yadernykh energotekhnologiy [The Multi-purpose Fast Research Reactor (MBIR) – the innovative tool for development of nuclear power technologies]. Atomnaya energiya – Atomic Energy, 2012, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 25–28.
3. Programma MCU-RFFI/A s bibliotekoy konstant DLC/MCU DAT-1.0 [The MCU-RFFI/A program with library of the constants DLC/MCU DAT-1.0]. Certification passport of the software no. 400 of 14.07.2016.
4. RSN-06-09-2016. Pravila yadernoy bezopasnosti pri khranenii i transportirovke yadernykh delyashchikhsya materialov [Rules of nuclear safety at storage and transportation of the nuclear sharing materials], 2016. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200062965 (accessed 12.09.2018).
5. Otsenka vozdeystviya na okruzhayushchuyu sredu dlya razmeshcheniya issledovatel'skoy yadernoy ustanovki Mnogotselevoy issledovatel'skiy reaktor na bystrykh neytronakh (MBIR) v predelakh promploshchadki OAO “GNTs NIIAR” [Environmental impact assessment for placement of the research nuclear facility the Multi-purpose research reactor on fast neutrons (MBIR) within an industrial site of JSC “SSC RIAR”]. Dimitrovgrad, JSC “SSC RIAR” Publ., 2011. Pp. 195–197.