Authors & Affiliations
Artemov V.G., Zinatullin R.E., Karpov A.S.
Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy, Sosnovy Bor, Russia
Artemov V.G. – Head of Laboratory, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy.
Zinatullin R.E. – Senior Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Tech.), Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy.
Karpov A.S. – Senior Researcher, Alexandrov Research Institute of Technoloqy.
New multi-group neutron data libraries and a new scheme of fuel burnup have been developed on the basis of the modern ROSFOND evaluated nuclear data files. The upgraded version has a working title — the SAPFIR_RF code.
Noise experiments for defining the ratio of total delayed neutron yield to neutron lifetime, βeff/l, were performed to verify the computational scheme of kinetics parameters implemented in the SAPFIR_RF. These experiments have been performed using the homogeneous assemblies with various isotopic composition of uranium-plutonium fuel.
In order to analyze and interpret the experimental data correctly, numerical investigations simulating the experimental conditions and features of measurement results processing were performed; these investigations highlighted the need for systematic correction to be made for measurement results.
Taking into account the correction, the calculation results are qualitatively and quantitatively in agreement with measurement data within the measurement accuracy of ±8 %.
This paper draws on the modern data of Russian neutron data library, ROSFOND, as well as on G.R. Keepin’s kinetic parameters and evaluated nuclear data of the foreign libraries, ENDF/B-VI and ENDF/B-VII.
Kinetic parameters obtained by G.R. Keepin and ENDF/B-VI library give two extreme evaluations of βeff/l ratio; the difference between them averages ~4,5 %. It should be noted that the calculation results received using Keepin's parameters are closer to experimental data in the most cases.
noise experiment, critical assembly, uranium-plutonium fuel, evaluated nuclear data, ROSFOND, effective delayed neutron fraction, neutron lifetime, numerical modelling
1. SAPFIR_95. Software certification passport no. 116.1 from 02.10.2014. Moscow, Federal Service for Environmental, Technological and Nuclear Supervision Publ., 2014.
2. Karpov A.S. Modernizatsiya skhemy vygoraniya topliva v programme SAPFIR_95 [The upgrade of fuel burnup scheme in SAPFIR_95 code]. Technologies of NPP life cycle, 2015, no. 1 (1), pp. 62–68.
3. Ivanov A.S., Karpov A.S. Modernizatsiya neytronnykh bibliotek i programmy SAPFIR_95, pred-naznachennoy dlya rascheta yacheek reaktora [The upgrade of neutron data libraries and the SAP-FIR_95 code intended for reactor cells calculation]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty - Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constans, 2018, no. 1, pp. 27–34.
4. Artemov V.G., Zinatullin R.E., Karpov A.S., Piskarev A.V., Shemaev Yu.P. Podgotovka i obosnovanie parametrov zapazdyvayushchikh neytronov v komplekse programm SAPFIR KORSAR [Preparation and justification of delayed neutron parameters in SAPFIR-CORSAR code package]. Technologies of NPP life cycle, 2016, no. 1 (3), pp. 38–54.
5. Uotinen V.O., Lauby J.H., Stinson W.P., Dwivedi S.R. Reactor Kinetic Parameters of Lattices of Plutonium and Uranium in Water. Nuclear Science and Engineering, 1971, vol. 44, pp. 66–71.
6. Uotinen V.O., Stinson W.P., Singh S.P. Kinetic Parameters in a Plutonium Lattice Containing Water Regions. Nuclear Science and Engineering, 1972, vol. 15, pp. 109–113.
7. Gagrinski A.Yu., Tsygankov L.S. O vliyanii neopredelennosti yadernykh dannykh na rezul'taty obrabotki kineticheskikh izmereniy v reaktorakh s 235U na teplovykh neytronakh [About influence of uncertainty of nuclear data on the processing results of kinetic measurements in thermal reactors with 235U]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika i tekhnika yadernykh reaktorov - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics and Technology of Nuclear Reactors, 1984, no. 9 (46), pp. 65.
8. Hetrick D. Dinamika yadernykh reaktorov [Dynamics of Nuclear Reactors]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1975.
9. SAPFIR_95&RC_VVER. Certification passport no. 388 of 16.12.2015. Moscow, Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision Publ., 2015.
10. Keepin G.R. Fizicheskie osnovy kinetiki yadernykh reaktorov [Physics of Nuclear Kinetics]. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1967.