Authors & Affiliations
Seleznev E.F., Bereznev V.P., Chernova I.S., Belov A.A.
Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Bereznev V.P. – Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Techn.), Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Chernova I.S. – Junior Researcher, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Belov A.A. – Researcher, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
To analyze the possibilities of using the system of partial neutron transport equations in evaluating the kinetics of a fast breeder reactors compared to the classical system of equations, computational studies of test models of MET-1000 and MOX-1000 reactors developed in the framework of the Generation-IV.
As transient processes, the displacements (dumping and lifting) of control rods were simulated, and the reactivity effects in the indicated reactors were evaluated through the solution of stationary problems, i.e. through the use of an asymptotic estimate of the reactivity obtained from the solution of the stationary eigenvalue problem and from the processing of the inverse solution kinetic equation method from solving the transient problem.
Test calculations were carried out in 26 and 28 group approximations using the BNAB-93 and BNAB-RF libraries and eight groups of delayed neutrons.
The article shows that the features of determining, both calculation and measurement, the effects of reactivity and efficiency of control rods in fast breeder reactors are related to the working region of the neutron spectrum.
partial equations, reactor, fast neutrons, spectrum, reactivity, rod efficiency, kinetics
1. Seleznev E.F., Bereznev V.P., Chernova I.S. Partsial'nye uravneniya kinetiki reaktorov [Partial kinetics equations of reactors]. Atomnaya energiya – Atomic Energy, 2018, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. 136–140.
2. Seleznev E.F. Kinetika reaktorov na bystrykh neytronakh [Fast breeder reactor kinetics]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2013. 240 p.
3. Benchmark for Neutronic Analysis of Sodium-cooled Fast Reactor Cores with Various Fuel Types and Core Sizes. OECD/NEA/NSC/R(2015)9, (2016). Available at: https://www.oecd-nea.org/science/docs/ 2015/nsc-r2015-9.pdf (accessed 21.09.2018).
4. Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Sistema gruppovykh konstant BNAB-93 [Nuclear constant system ABBN-93]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Yadernye konstanty - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Nuclear Constants, 1996, no. 1, pp. 3–13.
5. Kosheev V.N., Manturov G.N., Nikolaev M.N., Tsibulya A.M. Biblioteka gruppovykh konstant BNAB-RF dlya raschetov reaktorov i zashchity [Constants group library ABBN-RF for reactor and protection calculation]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika – Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2014, no. 3, pp. 93–101.