Authors & Affiliations
Drobyshev Yu.Yu., Seleznev E.F., Bereznev V.P., Dovgopoly A.O.
Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Seleznev E.F. – Head of Laboratory, Dr. Sci. (Techn.), Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Bereznev V.P. – Senior Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Techn.), Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Dovgopoly A.O. – Engineer, Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The diffusion neutron-physical code for detailed calculation DOLCE VITA is designed to solve state-of-the-art problems of existing and under developed fast breeder reactors. Main advantages of the program is the diversity of calculation channel for each assembly in the reactor load. Meanwhile increasing the number of assemblies types leads to a significant increase in the amount of stored information. To provide to user manipulation ability to both the of the simulated object and the task a pre-processor has been developed. The main purpose is to prepare sufficient data about position, size and calculation node composition to perform calculation.
The pre-processor is based on the “constructor” technology of the core with analogue of which is used for the automated preparation of constants for large scale training system. Data is stored in a hierarchical structure in a database. An assembly is represented by number of fuel elements, which consists of a number of cylindrical or hexagonal surfaces filled with material containing number of any nuclides with a specified temperature. To prepare nuclear concentrations for each of the calculation node of a heterogeneously represented assembly in DOLCE VITA is used service script for the database which automatically makes the homogeneous concentration of the one.
In the paper is provided an example of calculation task preparation for the DOLCE VITA code with number reactors from a set of benchmarks of 4th generation fast-neutron spectrum nuclear reactors.
fast-neutron spectrum reactor, pre-processor, detailed calculation code
1. IAEA, Power Reactor Information System (PRIS). Available at: https://pris.iaea.org/PRIS/home.aspx (accessed 17.09.2018).
2. Karpov S.A., Brekhov N.R. Obnovlenie graficheskogo veb-interfeysa dlya bazy dannykh po trenazheram [Web GUI Update for the Gyms Database]. Moscow, 2018. Pp. 74–79.
3. Batra Ch. Numerical Reactor Model Configuration System with Interface to Simulation Codes. Proc. Joint ICTP-IAEA workshop on Innovative Nuclear Energy Systems. Trieste, Italy, 2018.
4. Touran N.W., Gilleland J. et al. Computational Tools for the Integrated Design of Advanced Nuclear Reactors. Engineering, 2017, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 518–526.
5. Bell G.I., Glasstone S. Nuclear Reactor Theory. New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., 1970.
6. Kuznetsov S. Osnovy sovremennykh baz dannykh [Basics of modern databases]. Information analytical data of the MSU Tchnological Media Center - Informatsionno-analiticheskiye materialy Tsentra Informatsionnykh Tekhnologiy MGU, 1995, no. 4.
7. Modul' fractions [Module fractions]. Available at: https://pythonworld.ru/moduli/modul-fractions.html (accessed 23.09.2018).
8. Benchmark for Neutronic Analysis of Sodium-cooled Fast Reactor Cores with Various Fuel Types and Core Sizes. 2016, pp. 51–54.