Authors & Affiliations
National Research Center “Kurchatov Institute”, Moscow, Russia
Three-dimensional tests of the international non-stationary benchmark C5G7-TD were calculated using the SUHAM-3D-TD code. Non-stationary three-dimensional finite-difference equations of the surface harmonics method with three transversal and two longitudinal trial matrices for reactor with square lattice are realized in the SUHAM-3D-TD code. This paper presents the results of calculations of five non-stationary tests associated with movement of groups of control rods (tests TD4-1, TD4-2, TD4-3, TD4-4 and TD4-5) and four non-stationary tests associated with the disturbance of the coolant density in the core of a model light water reactor of the PWR type, namely, tests TD5-1, TD5-2, TD5-3 and TD5-4.
All tests of the C5G7-TD benchmark are “blind”, i.e. the numerical results of the calculations of these tests will be suitable for comparison only after a certain time, when most of the codes involved in the calculations will calculate these tests.
As the results of the calculated tests, the distributions on time of the total power and Henry reactivity of the calculated object, the dependence on time of the total fuel assemblies power, the dependence on the longitudinal coordinate z of the power of the fuel assemblies for individual time points and the distribution of the local power integrated along the z axis as function of the x, y coordinates for individual time points are given.
surface Harmonics method, non-stationary neutron transport equation, code system SUHAM-3D-TD, non-stationary benchmark C5G7-TD, Henry reactivity, groups of control rods, moderator density
1. Laletin N.I. Ob uravneniyakh geterogennogo reaktora [On equations of heterogeneous reactor]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 1981, no. 18, pp. 31–46.
2. Boyarinov V.F. Programma SUHAM-3D-TD dlya resheniya tryekhmernogo nestatsionarnogo uravneniya perenosa neytronov dlya reaktorov s kvadratnoe reshetkoy, opisanie i pervye rezultaty raschyetov [SUHAM-3D-TD code for solving the 3D non-stationary neutron transport equation for reactors with square lattice, description and the first calculational results]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov - Problems of atomic science and technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2019. (unpublished).
3. Boyarinov V.F., Fomichenko P.A., Hou J., Ivanov K.N., Aures A., Zwermann Z., Velkov K. Deterministic Time-Dependent Neutron Transport Benchmark without Spatial Homogenization (C5G7-TD). Volume I, Kinetics Phase, Version 1.9, NEA/NSC/DOC(2016), June, 2018.
4. Cavarec C., Perron J., Verwaerde D., West J. The OECD/NEA benchmark calculations of power distributions within assemblies, Electricity de France, 1994.
5. Lewis E., Smith M., Tsoulfanidis N., Palmiotti G., Taiwo T., Blomquist R. Benchmark specification for Deterministic 2-D/3-D MOX fuel assembly transport calculations without spatial homogenization (C5G7 MOX), NEA/NSC, 2001.
6. Smith M.A., Lewis E. and Na B.-C. Benchmark on Deterministic Transport Calculations without Spatial Homogenization (2-D/3-D MOX Fuel Assembly Benchmark). Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development/Nuclear Energy Agency Report NEA/NSC/DOC(2003)16, 2003.
7. Smith M.A., Lewis E. and Na B.-C. Benchmark on Deterministic Transport Calculations without Spatial Homogenization (MOX Fuel Assembly 3-D Extension Case). Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development/Nuclear Energy Agency Report NEA/NSC/DOC(2005)16, 2005.
8. Henry A.F. Nuclear-Reactor Analysis. Cambridge and London, Published by The MIT Press, 1975.
9. Hou J. Summary of comparative analysis on Phase I results: 3D cases. OECD C5G7-TD-3 workshop. Lucca, Italy, 2018.
10. Shen Q., Wang Y., Jabaay D., Kochunas B., Downar T. Transient analysis of C5G7-TD benchmark with MPACT. Annals of Nuclear Energy, 2019, vol. 125, pp. 107–120.