Authors & Affiliations
Beznosov A.V., Bokova T.A., Bokov P.A., Marov A.R., L'vov A.V., Volkov N.S.
Nizhniy Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.E. Alekseev, Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
Beznosov A.V. – Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Department of ATS.
Bokova T.A. – Associate Professor, Department of ATS.
Bokov P.A. – Associate Professor, Department of ATS.
L’vov A.V. – engineer of the department "ATS".
Volkov N.S. – graduate student.
The analysis and new scientific and technical solutions corresponding to the evolutionary development of low and medium power reactor plants with heavy liquid metal coolants are presented. The analysis was carried out on the basis of experience in the creation and operation of reactor installation with lead-bismuth coolant and research, primarily experimental, performed at the Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University (NSTU) in rationale of the small and medium-sized power plants developed at NNSTU reactor installation with horizontal steam generators (BRS-GPG). The paper substantiates the choice of coolant. With the proposed arrangement of the reactor loop, the maximum possible natural circulation is achieved, which significantly increases the safety of reactor installation. The results of studies (simulations) of one of the most potentially dangerous accidents in reactor installation with HLMC – "large steam generator leak" can qualitatively reduce the consequences of the accident when using the design of a horizontal steam generator in which the pipe system is placed with minimal burial of pipes under the level of HLMC, which eliminates the flow of water into the reactor core, re-pressurization of the reactor circuit, etc. It is probably advisable to consider the characteristics of the core, analog ary accepted for SVBR or BREST-OD-300. A system is proposed for cooling the reactor and providing the reactor installation shutdown modes, its characteristics are studied and tested at the NSTU stands.
fast neutron reactor, heavy liquid metal coolant, BRS-GPG, steam generator, natural circulation, core.
1. Beznosov A.V., Bokova T.A. Oborudovanie energeticheskikh konturov s tyazhelymi zhidkometallicheskimi teplonositelyami v atomnoy energetike [Equipment of Power Circuits with Heavy Liquid1Metal Coolants in Nuclear Power Engineering]. Nizhny Novgorod, NGTU Publ., 2012. 536 p.
2. Pankratov D.V., Yefimov E.I., Toshinsky G.I., Ryabaya L.D. Analysis of Polonium Danger in Nuclear Power Installations with Lead-Bismuth Coolant. Proceedings of ICAPP’05, Seoul, KOREA, May 15-19, 2005, Paper No. 5497 (CD-ROM).
3. Toshinskii G. Lead-Bismuth Cooled Fast Reactors (collection of selected articles and papers), LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
4. OECD-NEA (2015) Handbook on Lead-Bismuth Eutectic Alloy and Lead Properties, Materials Compatibility, Thermal-Hydraulics and Technologies. 2015 Edition.
5. Beznosov A.V., Molodtsov A.A., Bokova T.A., et al. Yadernaya energeticheskaya ustanovka [Nuclear power plant]. Patent RF, no. 2320035RF, 2008.
6. Beznosov A.V., Bokova T.A., Molodtsov A.A. Eksperimental'nye issledovaniya protsessov, soprovozhdayushchikh mezhkonturnuyu neplotnost' parogeneratora so svintsovym i svinets-vismutovym teplonositelem i optimizatsiya ego konstruktsii [Experimental studies of the processes associated with inter-circuit looseness of a steam generator with lead and lead-bismuth coolant and optimization of its design]. Izvestiya vuzov. Yadernaya energetika – Proseedings of Universities. Nuclear Power Engineering, 2006, no. 4, pp. 3-11.
7. Beznosov A.V., Bokov P.A., Bokova T.A. Tekhnologii i osnovnoe oborudovanie konturov reaktornykh ustanovok, promyshlennykh i issledovatel'skikh stendov so svintsovym i svinets-vismutovym teplonositelyami [Technologies and the basic equipment of circuits of reactor installations, industrial and research stands with lead and lead1 bismuth coolants]. Nizhny Novgorod, NGTU Publ., 2016. 488 p.
8. Beznosov A.V., Molodtsov A.A., Bokova T.A. et al. Yadernaya energeticheskaya ustanovka [Nuclear power plant]. Patent RF, no. 2313143RF, 2007.
9. Beznosov A.V., Bokova T.A., Bokov P.A., Marov A.R., Kashina E.N. Yadernaya energeticheskaya ustanovka na bystrykh neytronakh s okhlazhdeniem tyazhelymi zhidkometallicheskimi teplonositelyami plavuchikh atomnykh stantsiy, sudov i korabley [A fast-neutron nuclear power plant with cooling of heavy liquid cometal coolants of floating nuclear power plants, ships and ships]. Patent RF, no. 2019121678/07РF, 2019.
10. Adamov E.O. Belaya kniga yadernoy energetiki [The White Book of Nuclear Energy]. Moscow, GUP NIKIET Publ., 2001.
11. Beznosov A.V., Bokova T.A., Pinaev S.S., Nazarov A.D. Yadernaya energeticheskaya ustanovka [Nuclear power plant]. Patent RF, no. RU24748U1, 2002.
12. Beznosov A.V., Chernysh A.S., Zudin A.D., Bokova T.A., Novinsky E.G. Opredelenie kharakteristik teploobmena v teploobmennikakh nizkogo davleniya, primenitel'no k konturam, okhlazhdaemym svintsovym i svinets-vismutovym teplonositelyami [Determination of heat transfer characteristics in low-pressure heat exchangers as applied to lead and lead-bismuth coolant circuits]. Atomnaya energiya - Atomic Energy, 2015, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 266-271.