Authors & Affiliations
Dyachkov I.I., Ioannisian M.V.
National Research Center “Kurchatov institute”, Moscow, Russia
The article describes the software used in the calculation, according to the KIR2 program and the algorithms developed by the MAGMA group module (Group modulus taking into account anisotropic scattering). The results of the verification stage of the KIR2 program with a group physical module are presented. For verification, we used the C5G7 mathematical benchmark test, in which the energy field is divided into 7 groups. The results of comparison with the MCNP benchmark program on the effective breeding coefficient, confidence intervals and deviations from the benchmark program are presented. A comparison with other programs based on the Monte Carlo method (VIM and UNKMK and other independent calculations using the MCNP program) is also given. In addition, the use of the calculated data of the KIR2 program with high statistics as reference data for deterministic class codes (ATTILA, MCCG3D, CRX, PARTISN, UNKGRO) and programs based on the Monte Carlo method is presented. The analysis of the effectiveness of using comparison methods by deviations and confidence intervals is presented. The results of the verification phase of the KIR2 program with the MAGMA group module are summarized.
Monte-Carlo method, group approximation, eigenvalue, steady state calculations, confidence interval, deviations, C5G7
1. Gomin E.A., Davidenko V.D., Zinchenko A.S., Kharchenko I.K. Modelirovanie metodom Monte-Karlo kinetiki yadernykh reaktorov [Monte Carlo simulation of the kinetics of a nuclear reactor]. Voprosy atomnoi nauki i techniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov — Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2016, no. 5, pp. 4—16.
2. Kipin J.R. The physical basis of the kinetics of nuclear reactors. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1967.
3. Bell D., Glesston S. Theory of nuclear reactors. Moscow, Atomizdat Publ., 1974.
4. Benchmark of Deterministic Transport Calculations without Spatial Gomogenisation. MOX Fuel Assembly 3-D Extension Case. Nuclear Science, NEA/NSC/DOC(2005)16, ISBN 92-64-01069-6.
5. Tsentr kollektivnogo pol'zovaniya “Kompleks modelirovaniya i obrabotki dannykh issledovatel'skikh ustanovok mega-klassa” NITs “Kurchatovskiy institute” [Shared Use Center “Complex for Modeling and Data Processing of Mega-Class Research Installations” NRC “Kurchatov Institute”]. Available at: http: //ckp.nrcki.ru (accessed 16.08.2019).