Authors & Affiliations
Ivanov K.D., Askhadullin R.Sh., Osipov A.A., Niyazov S-A.S.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Ivanov K.D. – Leading Researcher, Dr. Sci. (Techn.).
Askhadullin R.Sh. – Head of laboratory, Cand. Sci. (Techn.).
Niyazov S-A.S. – Researcher.
The problem of taking into account the release of metallic impurities from steels into heavy heat carriers is important from two points of view. First, the intensity of these impurities entering the coolant directly affects its quality, the formation of deposits based on oxides of metal components of structural steels in the primary circuit, as well as contamination of the gas system and the radiation environment. In addition, the process of the entry of metallic impurities into the coolant during the development of the oxidative nature of its interaction with steels determines the kinetics of this interaction and should be taken into account in oxidation models, especially with an increase in the duration of contact between steel and the coolant. At present, in world practice, despite the understanding of the importance of taking into account the losses of metal components of steels into the coolant, there is no adequate physical model for accounting for these losses. Basically, one or another empirical or semi-empirical approach is proposed. A new experimental data processing technique to verify the model of the release of iron into the lead coolant is presented in the article. It’s based on the analysis of the deoxidizing stage of the process of regulating oxygen TDA in the volume of the coolant. Series of experiments was carried out with varying temperature conditions in the range from 500 to 635 °C and the oxygen mode of CO = (1 ÷ 4) 10–6 wt%. It is shown that the diffusion models of iron yield and oxygen consumption describe well the experimental results and can be used in calculation codes for mass transfer in circuits with HLMC. The numerical values of the parameters characterizing the yield of iron in HLMC depending on the TDA of oxygen and the temperature of the liquid metal under conditions of natural convection are obtained.
mass transfer, diffusion, iron, lead, oxygen thermodynamic activity, iron oxide
1. Alekseev V.V., Orlova E.A., Kozlov F.A., Torbenkova I.Yu. Modelirovanie protsessov massoperenosa i korrozii staley v yadernykh energeticheskikh ustanovkakh so svintsovym teplonositelem (chast' 1) [Modeling the processes of mass transfer and corrosion of steels in nuclear power plants with lead coolant (part 1)]. Preprint FEI-3128 – Preprint IPPE-3128. Obninsk, 2008. 22 p.
2. Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V., Yudintsev P.A., Niyazov S.-AS. Metodika otsenki intensivnosti potrebleniya kisloroda konstruktsionnymi stalyami pervogo kontura YaEU s tyazhelymi teplonositelyami [Methods for assessing the intensity of oxygen consumption by structural steels of the first circuit of nuclear power plants with heavy coolants]. Trudy mezhotraslevogo seminara “Tyazhelye zhidkometallicheskie teplonositeli (Teplofizika-2010)” [Proc. Interdisciplinary Seminar “Heavy Liquid Metal Coolants (Thermophysics-2010)”]. Obninsk, 2010, pp. 106–112.
3. Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V., Salaev S.V. Ispol'zovanie razrabotannoy metodiki otsenki diffuzionnogo vykhoda metallicheskikh komponentov iz staley dlya izucheniya korrozionnoy stoykosti etikh staley v tyazhelykh teplonositelyakh [The use of the developed technique for assessing the diffusion yield of metal components from steels to study the corrosion resistance of these steels in heavy heat carriers]. Trudy konf. “Teplogidravlicheskie aspekty bezopasnosti YaEU s reaktorami na bystrykh neytronakh” [Proc. Conf. “Thermohydraulic Safety Aspects of Nuclear Power Plants with Fast Reactors”]. Obninsk, 2005, pp. 117.
4. Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V., Salaev C.B. Rezul'taty eksperimentov po titrovaniyu kislorodom rasplavov svintsa i svintsa-vismuta [Results of experiments on titration of lead and lead-bismuth melts with oxygen]. Trudy konferencii “Teplofizika-2005” [Proc. Conf. “Thermophysics-2005”]. Obninsk, 2005, pp. 115–116.
5. Niyazov S.-AS., Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V. Rezul'taty chislennykh otsenok poter' komponentov konstruktsionnykh staley v tyazhelykh teplonositelyakh [Results of numerical estimates of losses of components of structural steels in heavy heat carriers]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2015, no. 2, pp. 2–10.
6. Niyazov S.-A.S., Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V. Otsenka intensivnosti vykhoda metallicheskikh komponentov staley pri protekanii protsessov zhidkometallicheskoy korrozii [Evaluation of the intensity of the release of metal components of steels during the course of liquid metal corrosion processes]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2014, no. 1, pp. 1–9.
7. Ivanov K.D., Lavrova O.V., Yudintsev P.A., Niyazov S.-A.S. Metodika otsenki intensivnosti potrebleniya kisloroda konstruktsionnymi stalyami pervogo kontura YaEU s tyazhelymi teplonositelyami [Methods for assessing the intensity of oxygen consumption by structural steels of the primary circuit of nuclear power plants with heavy coolants]. Novye promyshlennye tekhnologii – New industrial technologies, 2011, no. 1, pp. 51–55.
8. Osipov A.A., Ivanov K.D., Niyazov S.-A.S. Raschetnaya model' vzaimodeystviya primesey zheleza i kisloroda v tyazhelykh zhidkometallicheskikh teplonositelyakh [Calculation model of the interaction of iron and oxygen impurities in heavy liquid-metal coolants]. Voprosy Atomnoy Nauki i Tekhniki. Seriya: Yaderno-reaktornye konstanty – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Nuclear and Reactor Constants, 2018, no. 4, pp. 215–224.
9. Radchenko S.G. Metodologiya regressionnogo analiza [Methodology of Regression Analysis]. Kiev, “Korniychuk” Publ., 2011. 376 p.