Authors & Affiliations
Dmitriev S.M., Dobrov A.A., Doronkov D.V., Lyskova V.E., Pronin A.N., Rubtsova E.V., Ryazanov A.V., Solntsev D.N., Khrobostov A.E.
Nizhniy Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.E. Alekseev, Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
Dmitriev S.M. – Rector of the University, Professor, Dr. Sci. (Techn.)
Khrobostov A.E. – Dean of the Institute, Cand. Sci. (Techn.), Associate Professor.
Solntsev D.N. – Associate Professor at the Department, Cand. Sci. (Techn.).
Dobrov A.A. – Senior Lecturer.
Pronin A.N. – Senior Lecturer.
Ryazanov A.V. – Postgraduate at the Department.
Rubtsova E.V. – Master student.
Lyskova V.E. – Master student.
The results of experimental studies of the interassembly interaction of coolant in VVER reactor core which consists of TVSA-T and upgraded TVSA are presented. The modeling of coolant flow in the fuel assembly (FA) was carried out on an aerodynamic stand. The studies were carried out on a fragment model of VVER reactor core and consisted in measuring the velocity vector modulus in the characteristic zones of both TVSA and interassembly space of VVER reactor core. The measurements were carried out by a five-channel pneumometric probe. An analysis of the spatial distribution of projections of the absolute flow velocity allowed to detail the pattern of flow-round by the coolant flow of spacer, mixing and combined spacer grids TVSA. The results of study of interassembly interaction of coolant between neighboring TVSA-T and upgraded TVSA were adopted for practical use by JSC “Afrikantov OKBM” in assessing heat engineering reliability of VVER reactor cores and are included in the database for verification of computational fluid dynamics programs (CFD codes) and detailed cellular calculation of VVER reactor core.
core, FA, spacer and mixing grids, interassembly interaction, coolant hydrodynamics
1. Dmitriev1. Dmitriev S.M., Zverev D.L., Byh O.A., Panov Ju.K., Sorokin N.M., Farafonov V.A. Osnovnoe oborudovanie AEHS s korpusnymi reaktorami na teplovyh nejtronah [The main equipment of nuclear power plants with a tank reactor with thermal neutrons]. Moscow, Mashinostroenie Publ., 2013.
2. Barinov A.A., Samoilov O.B., Dmitriev S.M., Hrobostov A.E. K voprosu o metodologii obosnovaniya teplotekhnicheskoy nadezhnosti aktivnykh zon vodyanykh energeticheskikh reaktorov. [On the issue of core cooling reliability substantiation methodology for the pressurized water reactors]. Atomnaya energiya – Atomic Energy, 2016, vol. 120, no. 5, pp. 270–275.
3. Dmitriyev S.M., Borodin S.S., Legchanov M.A., Solntsev D.N., Sorokin V.D., Khrobostov A.Ye. Eksperimental'nyye issledovaniya gidrodinamicheskikh i massoobmennykh kharakteristik potoka teplonositelya v TVSA VVER. [Experimental studies of hydrodynamic and mass–transfer properties of coolant flow in VVER fuel assemblies TVSA]. Atomnaya energiya – Atomic Energy, 2012, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. 252–257.
4. Dmitriyev S.M., Varentsov A.V., Dobrov A.A., Doronkov D.V., Samoylov O.B., Soro–kin V.D., Khrobostov A.Ye. Raschetno–eksperimental'nyye issledovaniya lokal'noy gidrodinamiki i massoobmena potoka teplonositelya v TVS-Kvadrat reaktorov PWR s peremeshivayushchimi reshetkami [Combined numerical and experimental investigations of local hydrodynamics and coolant flow mass transfer in Kvadrat type fuel assemblies of PWR reactors with mixing grids]. Teploenergetika – Thermal Engineering, 2014, no. 8, pp. 20–27.
5. Dmitriyev S.M., Borodin S.S., Legchanov M.A., Solntsev D.N., Sorokin V.D., Khrobostov A.Ye. Osobennosti lokal'noy gidrodinamiki i massoobmena teplonositelya v TVS reaktorov VVER i PWR s peremeshivayushchimi reshetkami. [Features of local hydrodynamics and mass exchange of the heat–carrier in fuel rod assemblies of VVER and PWR with mixing grids]. Teplovyye protsessy v tekhnike – Thermal Processes in Technology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 98–107.
6. Dmitriyev S.M., Dobrov A.A., Legchanov M.A., Khrobostov A.Ye. Primeneniye mnogokanal'nogo pnevmometricheskogo zonda dlya issledovaniya profilya skorosti teplonositelya v modelyakh toplivnykh kasset yadernykh reaktorov [Application of multihole pressure probe for research of coolant velocity profile in nuclear reactor fuel assemblies]. Pribory i metody izmereniy – Devices and Methods of Measurements, 2015, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 188–195.