Authors & Affiliations
Anfimov A.M., Kirilov I.N., Kuznetsov D.V., Nikanorov O.L., Salyaev A.V.
Afrikantov Experimental Design Bureau for Mechanical Engineering, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Nikanorov O.L. – Head of Group, Cand. Sci. (Techn.).
Salyaev A.V. – Head of Group.
Kirilov I.N. – Design Engineer, category 2.
Kuznetsov D.V. – Design Engineer, category 2.
The paper presents the results of a computational analysis of simultaneously occurring beyond design basis accidents at power generating units No. 3 (BN-600) and No. 4 (BN-800) of the BNPP. Safety analysis for operating power generating units at the same time occurring beyond design basis accidents is carried out in accordance with the requirements of NP-001-15. Computational studies were performed with the SOCRAT-BN, ANSYS, ORIGEN2, and VIBROS 2.2 codes.
There are considered beyond design basis accidents caused by seismic impact with intensity of 7 points on MSK-64 scale (exceeding the maximum allowed earthquake (MAE) for the site of power unit No. 3 and the corresponding MAE for the site of power unit No. 4).
As a result of seismic impact at all the power generating units of the BNPP, a loss of system power supply occurs, which, together with additional failures of the main equipment, leads to beyond design basis accidents.
The paper presents the results of computational studies of beyond design basis accidents in terms of reactor plant, assembly cooling pond and holding pond and radiation effects assessment.
The results of a computation analysis of the beyond design basis accident showed that the release of radioactivity occurs only for the BN-600 reactor facility (where are breaking of the fuel elements cladding). At the same time, the predicted radiation doses for the first years after the accident are lower than the NRB-99/2009 criteria for making a decision on the evacuation and resettlement of inhabitants.
safety analysis, sodium, computational studies (research), Beloyarsk nuclear power plant (BNPP), multi-unit beyond design basis accident, power generating unit, fast sodium, seismic impact, reactor plant, assembly cooling pond, holding pond, radiation effects
1. NP-001-15. Federal'nye normy i pravila v oblasti ispol'zovaniya atomnoy energii. Obshchie polozheniya obespecheniya bezopasnosti atomnykh stantsiy [Federal norms and rules in the field of atomic energy use. General provisions for the safety of nuclear power plants]. Moscow, Izdatel’stvo standartov Publ., 2005. 10 p.
2. SOKRAT-BN/V1. Integral'nyy kod dlya analiza rezhimov RU BN. Versiya 1.0 [Integrated code for the analysis of reactor plant BN modes. Version 1.0]. Certification passport of the software tool, no. 412 dated 12/08/2016.
3. Semenov V.N., Chaly R.V., Rtishchev N.A., Tarasov A.E., Osipov S.L., Gorbunov V.S., Anfimov A.M. Verifikatsiya koda SOKRAT-BN na eksperimental'nykh rezhimakh RU BN-600 [Verification of the SOCRAT-BN code on the experimental modes of the reactor plant BN-600]. Trudy konferentsii “Teplofizika reaktorov na bystrykh neytronakh (TEPLOFIZIKA-2013)” [Proc. Conference “Thermophysics of Fast Neutron Reactors (TEPLOPHYSICA-2013)”]. Obninsk, 2013, pp. 160–161.
4. Anfimov A.M., Kirilov I.N., Kuznetsov D.V. Rezul'taty analiza teplootvodnoy avarii RU BN-800 c uchetom dannykh, poluchennykh na etape vvoda v ekspluatatsiyu [The Results of Analysis of a BN-800 Reactor Plant Accident with Abnormal Heat Removal, Considering Data Obtained at Commissioning Stage]. Trudy 20-y Mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii molodykh spetsialistov po yadernym energeticheskim ustanovkam” [Proc. 20th Annual International Conference of Young Specialists in Nuclear Power Plants]. Podolsk, 2018, pp. 118–126.
5. VIBROS 2.2. Certification passport software tool, no. 354 dated 04/17/2014.
6.SanPiN 184.108.40.2063-09 (NRB-99-2009) Normy radiatsionnoy bezopasnosti. Sanitarnye pravila i normativy [SanPiN 220.127.116.113-09 (NRB-99-2009) Radiation safety standards. Sanitary rules and regulations]. Moscow, Izdatel’stvo standartov Publ., 2009.