Authors & Affiliations
Uvakin M.A., Nikolaev A.L., Makhin I.V., Sotskov E.V.
Experimental and Design Organization “GIDROPRESS”, Podolsk, Russia
Nikolaev A.L. – Design Engineer, category 3.
Makhin I.V. — Group Leader.
Sotskov E.V. – Head of Department.
Maneuvering operation test is actual problem of VVER reactors exploitation. Such tests are classified as nuclear hazardous procedures which are accompanied by power variations, regulators actions and continuous space power field fluctuations. As a result a lot of possible initial reactor plant conditions are occurred. This fact should be taken into account during experiment safety assessment. Current work presents calculation analysis results for high powered VVER unit safety assessment which was covered daily maneuvering experiment. All calculations are implemented by KORSAR/GP programming code with 3D-neutrion kinetic model. Quantitative and qualitative criteria show the successful solving of following problems:
– Confirmation for normal operation limits adherence, especially for local power distribution parameters.
– Reactor plant safety assessment for RIA accidents.
Work contains analysis of developed method possibilities for VVER power unit calculation safety assessment during daily power maneuvering. Following criteria has been confirmed:
– All conservative approach principles completely comply which has composed usual VVER safety assessment method for 3D neutron kinetic model.
– All important features for reactor physics and dynamics during maneuvering have been taken into account.
Maneuvering regimes calculations practical and methodical experience will be applied for the same tasks of VVER safety assessment.
calculation model, KORSAR/GP code, maneuvering regimes, reactivity accidents, safety assessment, dynamical initial condition
1. Nikolaev A.L., Uvakin M.A. Provedenie predtestovykh raschetov po PK KORSAR/GP dlya ispytaniy rezhimov raboty deystvuyushchego energobloka RU VVER v sutochnom grafike neseniya manevrennoy nagruzki [Prerequisite calculations for operating VVER unit test in daily maneuvering power load by KORSAR/GP programming code]. Trudy 11-y Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii “Obespechenie bezopasnosti AES s VVER” [Proc. 11th Int. Sci. and Techn. Conf. “Safety Assurance of NPP with VVER”]. Podolsk, 2019.
2. Nikolaev A.L., Uvakin M.A. Razrabotka metodiki raschetnogo obosnovaniya bezopasnosti ispytaniy dlya deystvuyushchego energobloka RU VVER v manevrennykh rezhimakh [Safety assessment calculation procedure for operating VVER unit in maneuvering regimes experiment]. Trudy 11-y Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii “Obespechenie bezopasnosti AES s VVER” [Proc. 11th Int. Sci. and Techn. Conf. “Safety Assurance of NPP with VVER”]. Podolsk, 2019.
3. Petkevich I.G., Uvakin M.A. Analiz neopredelennostey rezul'tatov rascheta rezhima s razryvom paroprovoda na ustanovke AES-2006 po kodu KORSAR/GP s primeneniem programmy LINQUAD [Uncertainty Analysis of Main Steam Line Break Calculations for AES-2006 Power Unit by KORSAR/GP Code with LINQUAD Program Using]. Voprosy atomnoy nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika yadernykh reaktorov – Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Physics of Nuclear Reactors, 2013, no. 2, pp. 51–60.