Authors & Affiliations
Kazantsev A.A., Supotnitskaya O.V., Sergeev V.V
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Supotnitskaya O.V. – Deputy Director of Responsibility Center “Computer Codes”.
Sergeev V.V. – Senior Researcher,
The article presents the results of simulating the jet-vortex condenser operation. The jet-vortex condenser used as a part of the confinement system is designed to ensure the confinement integrity of an NPP with VVER-440 unit during LOCA accidents. To simulate the jet-vortex condenser operation it is important to keep a sufficient amount of water after a pressure peak was reached in the jet-vortex condenser hydraulic lock. The loss of water due to drop entrainment with steam-air mixture flow into the atmosphere stops when the velocity of drop sedimentation becomes higher than the velocity of drop entrainment with the mixture flow. The jet-vortex condenser model integrated into the KUPOL-M code was validated against the experimental data obtained on the VNIIAES test facility. To take into account drop entrainment with steam-air mixture flow the procedure of moisture separation and drop entrainment was used. A good agreement between calculated and experimental results was obtained when comparing the initial and final water levels in the hydraulic lock. The research results confirmed validity of the model of drop entrainment with steam-air mixture flow during the operation of the jet-vortex condenser and the preservation of water into the hydraulic lock during the accident.
Jet-Vortex Condenser, VVER-440, NPP, confinement system, drop entrainment, gravity separation, KUPOL-M code, Lost of Coolant accident (LOCA), vapor-air mixture with droplets, hydraulic lock, steam water droplets flow, hydraulic lock
1. Kutepov A.M, Sterman L.S., Styushin N.G. Gidrodinamika i teploobmen pri paroobrazovanii [Hydrodynamics and heat transfer during vaporization]. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola Publ., 1986. 448 p.
2. KUPOL-M versiya 1.10a [KUPOL-M version 1.10a]. Attestation certificate of the software tool, no. 397 dated 14.07.2016. Moscow, SEC NRS Publ., 2016.
3. Kudryavtsev B.K., Bulynin V.D. Struynye apparaty v sistemakh bezopasnosti atomnykh stantsiy. Opyt razrabotki i vnedreniya [Jet devices in the safety systems of nuclear power plants. Development and implementation experience]. Moscow, OOO “Kontent press” Publ., 2013.
4. Khazanov A.L. Issledovanie usloviy prekrashcheniya polnoy kondensatsii para pri dvizhenii parovozdushnoy smesi cherez sloy vody kondensatora-barbotera [Investigation of the conditions for the termination of complete condensation of steam when the vapor-air mixture moves through the water layer of the condenser-bubbler]. Elektricheskie stantsii – Power stations, 2009, no. 6, pp. 27–31.
5. KORSAR/GP [CORSAR/GP]. Attestation certificate of software tool, no. 263 dated 23.09.2009. Moscow, SEC NRS Publ., 2009.
6. Kirillov P.L., Bogoslovskaya G.P. Teplomassoobmen v jadernyh jenergeticheskih ustanovkah [Heat and mass transfer in nuclear power plants]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 2000. 456 p.
7. Kazantsev A.A., Popova T.V., Supotnitskaya O.V., Sergeev V.V., Bulynin V.D., Semashko S.E., Krylov Yu.V. Modelirovanie raboty strujno-vihrevogo kondensatora sistemy lokalizacii avarii reaktornoj ustanovki VVER-440 [Modeling the operation of a jet-vortex condenser of the accident localization system of a VVER-440 reactor plant]. Teploenergetika – Thermal Engineering. 2019, no. 6, pp. 68–74.
UDC 621.039.51:536(03); 621.31