Authors & Affiliations
Egorov A.S., Piksaikin V.M., Gremyachkin D.E., Mitrofanov K.V., Mitrofanov V.F.
A.I. Leypunsky Institute for Physics and Power Engineering, Obninsk, Russia
Egorov A.S. – Senior Researcher.
Piksaikin V.M. – Leading Researcher, Cand. Sci. (Phys.-Math.).
Mitrofanov K.V. – Senior Researcher.
Mitrofanov V.F. – Senior researcher.
In the present work the estimation of the 8-group delayed neutron energy spectra emitted in the fission of 235U by thermal neutrons have been done. Aggregate delayed neutron spectra that were measured with high resolution in the different time intervals after the thermal neutron irradiation of the 235U sample presented in the IAEA reference database for beta-delayed neutron emission have been used for the estimation process. Due to the lack of the uncertainties for the spectra presented in this database and the necessity of this data in the process of estimation of delayed neutron group spectra at first the estimation of uncertainties of these spectra have been done. In the estimation process the following components of uncertainty have been considered: statistical; the component due to the neutron background; component due to the distinctive features of neutron spectra restoration process measured using spectrometer filled by helium-3 and also the component appearing due to introduction of the correction on the distortion of the neutron spectra as a result of passing through the lead sheilding. Estimation of spectra have been made using the technique based on the Kalman filter that allows to take into account the uncertainties of the input data. Estimation results are shown in the numerical and graphic form.
group spectra, delayed neutrons, uncertainties, aggregate spectra, Kalman filter, thermal neutrons, estimated data, numerical results, nuclear fission, helium-3 spectrometer
- Spriggs G.D., Campbell J.M., Piksaikin V.M. An 8-group delayed neutron model based on a consistent set of half-lives. Prog. Nucl. Energy, 2002, vol. 41 (1-4), pp. 223–251.
- Piksaikin V.M., Egorov A.S., Goverdovski A.A., Gremyachkin D.E., Mitrofanov K.V. High-resolution measurements of time-dependent integral delayed neutron spectra from thermal neutron induced fission of 235U. Annals of Nuclear Energy, 2017, vol. 102, pp. 408–421.
- Reference Database for Beta-Delayed Neutron Emission Data. Available at: http://www-nds.iaea.org/beta-delayedneutron/database.html (accessed 18.08.2021).
- Bierman G. Factorization methods for discrete sequential estimation. New-York, Dover publications, inc. Mineola, 2006. 256 p.
- Ohm H., Kratz K.-L., Prussin S.G. The analysis of delayed neutron energy spectra recorded with 3He ionization chambers. Nucl. Instrum. and Methods in Phys. Res., 1987, vol. A 256, pp. 76–90.
- Grewal М.S., Andrews A.P. Kalman filtering: Theory and practice using MATLAB. Hoboken, New Jersey, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001. Pp. 401.
- Welch G., Bishop G. An introduction to the Kalman filter. TR 95-041. Chapel Hill, Department of computer science University of North Carolina, NC 27599-3175. P. 16.